This role is to provide administration of the Tableau platform at the enterprise level which includes administrate the infrastructure, configure, manage and maintain the platform. Monitor and ensure the environment is running and troubleshoot system wide issues and outages. Maintain the integrity of the environment by implementing standards and security. Key role in translating complex technical issues into business terms and collaborates with business partners to refine and facilitate prioritization of requirements to address the immediate business needs based on complexity of the technical solution environment. Work closely with project and support teams, Also should be comfortable working with teams in multiple locations and expected to work independently to plan and accomplish goals.
* Takes ownership and accountability of application supported by having thorough understanding application.
* Responsible for Tool Administration at an enterprise Level BI tools
* Identify and improve infrastructure and processes. Ensure environments are stable and available.
* Administer and support tableau Infrastructure including Upgrades, testing, Security Administration, License Management, troubleshoot workbooks, Performance Monitoring and System maintenance.
* Design a Data Source or Extract Layer to reusable in Tableau.
* Test and explore new releases of Tableau Application and drivers, suggest and support user with proper drives install.
* Coordinating across multiple business groups to setup support and user meeting.
* Document best practices for Development and administration of the tableau Platform.
* Maintaining Security and Create/manage users, Groups, Licenses and integrate with Active Directory.
* Ability to train or coordinate business users to setup Site and Access policies.
* Software upgrade. Server refresh. Coordinate independently with Vendors
Demonstrate the ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks
* Version Control Tools such as CVS, Git, TFS and SubVersion Bug and Documentation tools JIRA and Confluence
* Experience with Python and Web Development is a plus
* Manages production support activities for the applications. Defines, tracks and measures all key service level agreements associated with the applications.
* Maintains awareness of new products and technologies in the market; evaluates applicability to department needs; makes recommendation and proposals for review. Actively pursues opportunities for learning and self-development.
* Technology related Bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination of training and experience, with evidence of exceptional ability.
* 3+ years of experience in Tableau Administration and should have a Designing experience
* Possesses strong communication skills
* Experience in Tableau 9.0 and Higher
* Displays SQL knowledge and working knowledge of Databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, and Hadoop.
* Strong in writing and understanding complex calculated fields.
* Knowledge of other data Visualization tools like QlickView, Business Objects is a plus
* Experience working with Windows Server 2012 R2 with MS Dos / PowerShell and Mac terminal
* At least 3 or more years of management experience
* Experience working with Vertica analytical data base, Linux, Python/ any Scripting language and Web Development is a plus
* Demonstrated experience managing internal and external technical resources
* Advanced knowledge working with MS Office Suite of products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook