OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android makes it easy for people to post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and find great deals on items nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
At a Glance
* A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
* Geekwire App of Year * 80 Million Downloads
Engineering Technical Program Manager
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager to help bring new lines of business to life. OfferUp is growing fast as a business and the engineering team has grown significantly in size significantly over the last year. We have built a world-class engineering team, aspire to deliver new releases at scale consistently and efficiently, and we are looking for the leaders who will guide and shape this!
As this is a new role in a fast-growing company, you will be responsible for working in engineering cross-functionally across different organizations to take new products, features and marketplaces from conception to GA and beyond. You'll be working in a highly collaborative environment, and drawing on entrepreneurial abilities to help create a shopping experience that people love and trust.
In this role you will be responsible for:
* Scoping complex projects, driving the development schedule from design to release, and managing competing priorities while facilitating appropriate tradeoffs.
* Clarifying ambiguous issues and negotiating effective technical solutions between development and business teams.
* Building out repeatable, predictable delivery capabilities for new lines of business.
* Directing and monitoring all activities for highly complex, high risk, strategic technology-based projects from initiation to closing.
* Quickly grasping system design, data flows and other technical aspects of systems.
* Working with engineering leadership to establish goals and metrics for engineering velocity; balancing and driving measurable improvements in operation stability; engineering impact and velocity; and quality and risk reduction.
* Delivering data and dashboards to demonstrate impact and results.
* Communicate status, results and issues, including developing a communication plan for all of engineering.
* Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills
* BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Information Systems/Technology, Information Science, or related discipline
To be successful in this role you will have to collaborate with engineering and other leaders from across the company. You will both identify best practices that OfferUp should adopt, and develop best practices that will be adopted by other organizations. This is a role that will require great leadership skills to drive change across the entire organization.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.