Technical Program Manager, IT Infrastructure San Francisco, CA
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
IT&S delivers technology strategy and solutions to our Dropbox business partners so they can work confidently, move fast, and scale effortlessly. We are the accelerator to the Dropbox business engine. We think of our team as a future-focused city planner for the Dropbox neighborhoods. We source, build and implement the right technology solution, and fit it into exactly the right place so that everything meets the high bar that Dropboxers expect.
As a Technical Program Manager within the Corporate Engineering team of ITS, you will work on projects that support the foundation of internal Dropbox IT Infrastructure. You will partner with and work cross-functionally to solve for and deliver solutions that meet Dropbox's internal infrastructure needs. You will prioritize, plan and execute on projects and processes which deliver scalable and secure enterprise technology solutions for our internal users. You will partner with engineering managers to provide leadership and guidance to engineers and other technical resources. You are able to execute effectively despite team or partner challenges that may arise. Analytical rigor and the ability to problem solve a path forward are critical to drive and deliver real and timely results. Your attention to detail and ability to drive projects and programs to successful completions will have a direct impact on the productivity of Dropboxers and help propel the company to greater heights.
The most successful candidates for this role will have strong planning and interpersonal skills, broad understanding of information technologies, solid communication skills and a desire to improve and support the end user experience. You should be someone who's capable of seeing the big picture while also managing the details, understand the interdependencies and constraints between systems and processes and able to drive a project from start-to-end.
* Act as point of contact for intake and triage of requests from both internal and external teams
* Facilitate prioritization and trade-off discussions with both partners and technical teams
* Build and develop positive relationships with technical and business leaders
* Ensure alignment across and communicate project and program updates to all key partners
* Facilitate requirements gathering and assist with the creation of project deliverables and documentation
* Create and lead project plans; monitor project progress and timelines; adjust schedules and plans as needed; and identify and resolve issues to ensure project success. Distill complex issues into actionable plans
* Create and implement new processes or make improvements to existing ones
* Work with engineering managers to staff projects and work with key partners to deliver successful outcomes
* Partner with engineering managers on quarterly and yearly planning, creation of OKRs, and running deliverables for teams
* Identify and lead cross-functional dependencies and unblock any and all roadblocks
* Assess risks and communicate strategies for mitigation and exploitation
* Influence without authority; lead by persuasion
* Be a change agent and lead change management efforts
* Be hands on, dedicated, and have the skills to craft what's needed
* Thrive in environments with a high degree of ambiguity and shifting priorities without losing sight of the end goal to drive maximum results
* 6+ years of work experience in operational, networking, and infrastructure projects
* BA/BS or equivalent and/or equivalent work experience
* Proven project management skills in fast-paced environments
* Outstanding and effective interpersonal skills with both business and technical teams
* Experience with project planning methodology and tools
* Experience with handling conflicts and negotiating successful outcomes
Benefits and Perks
* 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
* 401k + company match
* Market competitive total compensation package
* Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
* Wellness Reimbursement
* Generous vacation policy
* 10 company paid holidays
* Volunteer time off
* Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Dropbox (formerly known as Evenflow) is a company that provides a cloud storage and collaboration platform.