Instagram is a global community of more than 1 billion, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Join a collaborative and passionate team working to make Instagram a best in class shopping destination for businesses and customers. As a Technical Program Manager, you will work closely with multiple stakeholder teams including product, engineering, design and marketing to build the roadmap and lead the execution of business tools and initiatives.
Instagram Technical Program Managers operate within the engineering organization and have technical knowledge that enables them to influence and drive cross-team projects and roadmaps. The right candidate has a background in e-commerce and is passionate about helping people create meaningful connections to products and businesses. We are looking for an excellent communicator who is knowledgeable in mobile product development, passionate about the digital business experience, excited to collaborate, and focused on advancing Instagram engineering and products. This is a constantly evolving space, and the TPM is expected to be flexible and pivot based on the problems we are trying to solve. This person will be highly organized, productive, poised, and able to thrive in high-pressure, time-sensitive scenarios.
This is a full-time position in San Francisco or New York, with occasional travel required between offices.
* Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team
* Build subject matter expertise in your area and stay up to date on technological developments
* Develop and manage cross-functional programs, facilitating relationships across Instagram, Facebook, and external partners to identify risks, manage dependencies and optimize resources
* Work with Product and Engineering to define your team's strategy
* Drive internal process improvements across teams, remove roadblocks, and deliver on high-impact projects with a focus on efficiency, performance, and quality
* Assess business impact, prioritize initiatives and drive accountability in a fast-paced environment through project planning and strong interpersonal skills
* B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
* 4+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience
* Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products
* Organizational, coordination, and multi-tasking experience
* Analytical and problem-solving experience with systems
* Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones
* Technical knowledge and/or experience in payments and e-commerce
* Web or internet start-up technical management experience