Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels AWS's multi-tenant infrastructure. Governmental organizations are also looking to and depending on AWS for cloud solutions and services.
AWS is looking for a Technical Program Manager to support the AWS Infrastructure Operations (Infra-Ops) team to by leading and driving Infrastructure Operations based projects, from inception through concept, feasibility, requirements, design, implementation, testing and deployment across multiple new and existing regions.
The ideal candidate will lead cross functional teams to drive the implementation and deployment of region wide large-scale projects, develop and document requirements, and aggressive project schedules. The Technical Program Manager works across various organizations to provide infrastructure operations subject matter expertise and define project scope, solutions, phase deliverables, key milestones, and evaluates risks and the creation of contingency plans.
The ideal candidate will bring project management, data center operations, physical infrastructure, networking, process creation and improvement, critical thinking and risk management skills to this position.
Candidate must be comfortable managing remote project delivery teams, and possess the ability to facilitate technical whiteboard sessions to troubleshoot project implementation issues, and remove barriers to project success. The Technical Program Manager will be fully competent in project management tools and techniques for all phases of the project life cycle.
* Serve as the Infrastructure Operations liaison between Networking TPMs, Infra Build TPMs, and other service teams on a number of cross-departmental initiatives, data center builds and projects.
* Participate in current and future region strategic planning and forecasting efforts
* Manage multiple, cross functional and large scale process re-engineering efforts
* Document and standardize cross functional processes and procedures
* Develop, communicate, and maintain project road maps
* Effectively prioritize and execute tasks
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Additional tasks as assigned by senior leadership
Travel required up to 25% of the time.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.