Lucid Motors is an electric car company in Silicon Valley, CA that is developing an iconic new electric car from the ground up. Working at Lucid Motors means being part of a shared vision, where we work together to produce mobility solutions that will shape future transportation.
To do so, we're looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager for Infotainment hardware and software. Are you the kind of person who thrives on defining and managing the development activities for a cutting-edge product? Do you enjoy leading people and working collaboratively across organizations? - then we want to talk to you!
As a Technical Program Manager for Infotainment hardware and software, you will be responsible for planning and coordinating the development of Lucid's state of the art infotainment product. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly, adapt, and collaborate in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. You must be excellent at multi-tasking and be able to balance detail-oriented skills with ability summarize quickly and clearly.
Our infotainment system is both highly differentiating and central to the automotive customer experience of the future.
This management position requires a highly experienced professional Program Manager with a proven track record of excellence and managerial achievement. The candidate will be an accomplished team leader and manager, with a strong organizational capability and ability to command respect from the talented teams he or she will help lead and coordinate. Ideally, this candidate will have proactive communication, so each individual team member remains aware of the timing and delivery expectations placed upon them and that critical issues are identified and brought to the attention of senior management with gauged advance notice.
* To lead and manage to an excellent standard through hands-on example
* Create and play a leading role in the execution of an overall timing plan for the Infotainment System and related functions.
* Interact with and coordinate work between Infotainment hardware and software teams, design UX teams, and other company entities requiring inputs/outputs from Infotainment
* To define main work packages for Infotainment and related functions
* Facilitate product requirement and HMI feature documentation
* Facilitate architecture documentation
* Define and communicate dependencies between hardware, software, and suppliers with a focus on minimizing these dependencies.
* Communicate program status to overall software organization, other program managers and executives as required
* Work with resource managers and technical leads to define the level of effort, resource requirements and summary timing plans.
* Plan and manage sprints in conjunction with resource managers and technical leads
* A minimum of 3 years of experience program/project managing large systems development programs
* A minimum of 8 years in consumer-facing electronics development including hardware and software.
* A proven track record of delivering products to production
* Experience using Agile/Scrum/Sprint methodology including sprint planning and execution
* Experience bringing integrated software/hardware products from the early development phase to production
* Embedded system development experience
* Experience with best software practices for development
* Experience with development in Android and Linux environments
* Experience working directly with design/UX teams and in UX/UI development
* Experience engaging, working and managing the output of third party suppliers
* Experience in developing automotive infotainment systems
* Experience with infotainment and instrument cluster development
* Exposure to OS/systems development, backend development, mobile application development, and hybrid (cloud/embedded) development
* Experience with test and build aspects of software development
* Product management experience and a willingness to embrace portions of the product management role.
* BS minimum in an engineering discipline (computer science, electrical engineering or similar)
* PMP certification preferred
Be part of something Amazing:
Welcome to a better place to do your life's work.
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Lucid Motors is making unprecedented breakthroughs in clean technology. Work alongside some of the best, most accomplished minds in the automotive industry.
Beyond providing competitive salaries and meaningful equity, we're providing a community for the brilliant minds who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you want to actively work towards creating a better, sustainable future, we'd love to have you join our team!
Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.
At Lucid Motors, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate the differences that make up our team, our products, and our community.
To all recruitment agencies:
Lucid does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid employees. Lucid is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About Lucid Motors
Lucid Motors is a luxury mobility company reimagining what a car can be.