1. THE HOME INNOVATIONS TEAM
HIT is a new group of seasoned engineers, product managers, designers and scientists DETERMINED to redefine how our customers purchase products for their home. We believe that the objects that we choose to surround ourselves with have a huge impact on our quality of life. Not only they need to be useful, but they need to be beautiful, reflect our style, bring joy and make us proud. In addition, some of these products are also the largest purchases our customers make after their home and car, therefore we must provide them with the right information/experiences to help them make the right decisions and bring comfort in purchasing the products online.
2. THE CHALLENGES WE WILL TACKLE
As with every project within Amazon, we work backwards from our customer's needs and the challenges they have. Our team will tackle some of the toughest problems in retail:
* Streamline the purchase experience for large items such as furnitures and remove all stress in the process. It will be as easy as purchasing a book.
* Inspire our customers with beautiful experiences and relevant products.
* Personalize customer experience to help them find useful products that match their preferences and styles.
* Provide expert advice and information that help guide our customers in their decision making process.
* Allow customers to create their personal styles and use that to influence the website's shopping experience.
* Improve the customer's search experience on the website by providing intelligent filter using user profile and life events.
3. THE TECHNOLOGY
In order to achieve our vision, we think big and tackle technology problems that are cutting edge. Where technology does not exist, we will built it. Where it exists we will need to modify it to make it work at Amazon scale. As the problem is so wide and the team new, we need members who are passionate and willing to learn:
* Image processing and augmented reality. Imagery and deep experiences are an important factor in our success. If you are passionate about this area, join us.
* Amazon scale systems. All our technology needs to work at Amazon scale, serving hundreds of millions of customers with millisecond level latencies.
* Big data & analytics. Amazon is data driven and a strong data backbone is necessary in our systems. We build upon core AWS services such as EC2, S3, DynamoDB, etc. If you are interested in learning or gaining expertise, join us.
* Personalization and machine learning. All technologies will be used in experiences adapted to what customer need, want or prefer. We will be working with advanced machine learning technologies to tackle these problems.
* User interface & web development. We will create beautiful and dynamic frontend experiences that requires deep knowledge of relevant technologies such as AngularJS, JQuery, Horizonte, AUI, etc.
4. OUR CULTURE AND YOU
We are a tightly net group that share our experiences and help each other succeed. We love hard problems and like to move fast in a growing and changing environment. We use data to guide our decisions and we always push the technology and process boundaries of what is feasible on behalf of our customers. The most successful members of our team are obsessed with helping our customers in creative ways, and bring clarity to ambiguity through data driven experimentation. If that sounds like an environment you like, join us.
You will be a Technical Program Manager. TPMs in Amazon are core to the team running smoothly, delivering the right results on time. You play a pivotal role on establishing team vision, organization, delivering complex products, and driving a culture of bias for action and customer obsession. You will be in a highly visible position and therefore we are looking for someone who can:
* Collaborate with the product teams to deliver the best product with most efficient use of resources and technologies.
* Work with all the stakeholders to assemble project teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects by meeting project milestones.
* Assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit.
* Have a technical background, be detail driven and have excellent problem solving abilities.
* Shape business strategy for technical products or services
* Have an entrepreneurial spirit, show excellent judgment, be passionate about high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo), deliver innovative solutions
* Show an innate ability to earn trust of others
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.