Technical Program Manager
As a Technical Program Manager at Weedmaps, you will use your exceptional technical knowledge and project management skills to drive progress within your team's technical domain while aligning key stakeholders, keeping projects on-track, teams healthy, and stakeholders informed. Drawing on your project management and team leadership expertise, you'll collaborate with Engineering, Product, and Design to build and execute development plans that include milestones and deliverables but are flexible enough to allow room for risk and change. Your experience in servant leadership will help you mentor teams as you partner with fellow leaders to foster an open, transparent development environment.
* Align highly autonomous teams towards complex multi-year goals while meeting the operational needs of current customers.
* Regularly assess the team's maturity, health, and composition, relentlessly striving for cohesion and delivery excellence.
* Manage, plan, and track production and development schedules and workflows, while raising risks, managing trade-offs, and eliminating blockers.
* Continuously assess a team's current situation and adapt planning tools, Agile methodologies, and communication channels to ensure successful, sustainable delivery.
* Create transparency and predictability via feature mapping, roadmaps, sprint plans, burn-downs, cycle times, value stream maps and release reports.
* 2+ years in an acting Scrum Master role, or leading an Agile team
* 4+ years experience in leading software development teams
* Scrum Master or Agile Training
* Experience running teams in agile environments
* Trained in Scrum and/or Kanban, as well as other Agile methodologies
* JIRA Portfolio experience
* JIRA administration experience
* Git experience
* Experience with Slack, Slack Integrations, PagerDuty, and other communication, reporting, and productivity tools
* Fully covered Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee AND dependents
* 401k matching: 50% match up to 6% of employee contribution
* 3 weeks PTO and 5 sick days
* Accident Insurance
* Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
* Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability
* Flexible Spending Account
* Catered lunch provided 5 days a week
* All the equipment that you need to get your work done
* Fully stocked pantries and refrigerators with healthy drinks and snacks
* Casual work environment, read "no suit and tie required", but you are free to dress to the nines
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Berlin, Boston, Denver, New York, Phoenix and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!