The Databricks product is a hosted end-to-end cloud platform for data processing and visualization at large scale. Databricks has thousands of users and a control plane that manages thousands of virtual machines each day. As a Technical Program Manager at Databricks, you will help Databricks engineering teams deliver with high velocity and high quality. You will design technical program management processes that ensure technical quality and consistent delivery of our service. You will own the execution of delivery of the roadmap, involving operating cross functionally with sales, product management, and support to build alignment on the engineering roadmap.
* Program Management of internal projects, partner projects and releases
* Reduce engineering overhead for project management and ensure appropriate coordination and communications to facilitate execution flow
* Streamline and Improve engineering and release processes
* Ensure consistent and accurate KPI and program readouts on the appropriate cadence
* Ensure alignment between engineering org and product management, to include consistent readouts, rolling assessments of all existing systems in use and their efficacy, a credible roadmap for systems's evolution, and an enumeration of deficiencies of current systems relative to current needs.
* Great at devising efficient processes that increase velocity and quality
* Technical aptitude and ability to learn and understand technical intricacies as needed
* Knows and has operated in organizations with SaaS services as the primary function
* Has experience creating and operating delivery processes for engineering
* Team player that will work with other departments (PM, Sales, CS)
* Medical, dental, vision
* 401k Retirement Plan
* Unlimited Paid Time Off
* Catered lunch (every day), snacks, and drinks
* Gym reimbursement
* Employee referral bonus program
* Awesome coworkers
* Maternity and paternity plans
Databricks' mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering and Business. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering and lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL and interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity and total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA and Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Salesforce, Viacom, Shell, and HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark and Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.
Databricks is a company developing a unified data analytics platform.