Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant's mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
We are looking for intellectually curious and highly motivated technical project managers who thrive in fast-paced startup environment to join our team. The Technical Program Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and motivating agile project teams to deliver projects to completion. This person will work closely with business stakeholders, engineering leaders and product managers to execute high impact technical projects.
What you do at Avant:
* Project manage key tech initiatives and drive projects to completion
* Be the key interface with engineering leads to estimate work, define project milestones and deliverables.
* Track progress, evaluate risks and communicate to management and project stakeholders
* Partner with engineering, product, and business leadership to build highly collaborative teams and to enhance communication across teams and stakeholders
* Develop domain and technical knowledge of technical product to understand technical implementation at the architecture level
* Assist in managing the cross-team strategic planning and translating into detailed project plans
* Provide guidance and direction required for meeting project objectives
* Facilitate sprint planning and retrospective
* Lead scrum teams with a focus on ensuring successful implementation
* Maintain an organized project using project management tools (e.g., JIRA)
Why you are a fit for Avant:
* 2+ years of experience in a consulting firm or as a technical program manager, product manager or developer in a software development environment
* Experience managing complex technical projects to completion
* Strong understanding of agile software development life cycle methodology
* Technical aptitude and ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience in a fast-paced start-up environment
* Strong collaborator and willingness to go above and beyond
* Familiarity with agile software management and collaboration tools like GitHub and JIRA
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an online platform and a provider of credit alternatives to middle income consumers.