Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Data is central to Twitch's decision-making processes, and the Content Analytics team strives to improve decision quality and speed for our staff, systems, and creators. As our Technical Program Manager (TPM), you will help us identify and drive initiatives to improve how we standardize, organize, and expose data.
This TPM will own program management responsibility for key initiatives covering the creation and curation of canonical data sources, adoption of new business intelligence tools, and improvements to content data governance processes. You will work with leaders across all content teams to identify, develop, and maintain programs to meet the data management and reporting needs.
* Own successful delivery of large, high-impact and highly cross-functional program initiatives.
* Drive strategic cross-functional planning, leading discovery and prioritization by closely partnering with content leads to develop program plans, including roadmap, dependency identifications, and resourcing plans.
* Establish and drive adoption of tools and best practices. Share your program management knowledge with leadership teams. Lead post-program analysis to guide future programs.
* Communicate clearly and effectively to executive management on the plans, status, and critical issues. Escalate urgent issues appropriately and driving them to closure in a timely manner.
* Design and implement improvements in communication, monitoring, and reporting.
* Identify, create and measure process improvements that automate manual steps, consolidate processes and scale with Twitch's rapid growth.
* 3+ years experience as a technical program manager in fast-paced business-to-consumer organizations with high-volume data.
* 1+ years using SQL for data analysis.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Solid understanding of agile methodologies, and their application to manage programs effectively.
* Demonstrated ability and experience to influence, develop productive working relationships, and lead technical teams and key stakeholders from different business functions.
* Understands database design / schema and is able to spot risks, ask the right technical questions to ensure appropriate trade-offs are made.
* Familiarity with OTT, streaming video, and/or gaming industries
* Experience with Salesforce and Tableau
* Knowledge about big data and AWS ecosystems (Redshift, S3, Spectrum, etc)
* Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
* Maternity & Parental Leave
* Flexible PTO
* Commuter Benefits
* Amazon Employee Discount
* Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
* Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
* Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch is a company that develops a social video platform and community for gamers, video game culture, and the creative arts.