We are empowered to think big at Amazon, and the Compensation Science and Analytics team is doing just that. We are building new ways to analyze compensation and how it impacts hiring, retention, and continued motivation. This along with developing best in class methods on the comprehension of Amazons compensation philosophy and strategy for our global employees.
We're seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager to join the team building science and analytical solutions for Amazons Global Compensation Global Teams. This role will develop and drive high visibility programs and analysis that will have a direct impact on global compensation experiences and the comprehension of those programs. In this role, you will be responsible for scoping and delivering projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between cross functional internal teams along with some outside vendors to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-release, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and other connected project teams.
We are looking for an experienced, business intelligence obsessed Technical Program Manager to help us develop our team vision and drive an effective cross-functional strategy. The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
* 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
* Experience managing efforts in distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
* A first-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
* Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
* Past experience working with multiple-stakeholders across different organizations and teams.
* Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.