You have hundreds of thousands of hosts, hundreds of millions of lines of code, billions of online transactions, and one of the most visited sites on the Internet. Now go secure it. At Amazon, we obsess over our customers, and ensuring our customers' trust is our first priority. To earn that trust in an environment as vast and varied as Amazon's and an online world where threats grow ever more sophisticated requires building a world-class information security team to tackle never-before-seen challenges at dizzying scales. You will not just be using cutting-edge security technologies here in Amazon; you will be inventing them.
We are looking for a self-motivated Technical Project Manager (TPM) with strong technical skills, problem-solving abilities, and customer obsession. You will work directly with CDO service teams, infrastructure and administrative teams to identify opportunities to improve CDO's security posture. You will define tooling requirements, drive process improvements, and work with service owners and cutting edge technology to develop innovative solutions to complex technical challenges.
The ideal candidate would have excellent communication skills, the ability to influence people from customers to managers by creating win-win solutions, and the desire to be an individual contributor in securing Amazon for the next generation of customers. We are looking for an individual with knowledge of security concepts, who understands software development, and can drive initiatives in an agile manner.
The ideal candidate will draw upon exemplary project management capabilities, critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and a passion for creating reliable, maintainable, and secure systems. The candidate should be open to new challenges, innovative, self-directed, and a great team player. Candidates should drive continuous process improvement and collaborate effectively with cross-functional business and software development teams to solve problems and implement solutions. The candidate will interact with a broad cross-section of the Amazon organization, spanning a wide range of technologies.
We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect team members to take high degree of ownership for their program vision and execution of ideas.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Work with engineering teams across CDO to prioritize security solutions
* Define and drive a program - define project plans, drive objectives with stakeholders, effectively communicate program status, escalate risks, and provide ongoing support to stakeholders to accomplish goals
* Drive the design, build, and operationalization of innovative solutions to enable security at scale
* Clarify and drive project commitments, as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability
* Create and maintain program documentation in support of security goals
* Communicate effectively at multiple levels of management, building trust across the organization, and demonstrating discretion with sensitive information
* Coordinate projects across multiple teams, driving them to successful conclusion while building strong, lasting relationships with both internal and external customers
* Evaluating complex business and technical requirements, communicating inherent security risks and solutions to technical and non-technical business owners.
* Be the glue that is able to prioritize and manage technical dependencies across teams
* Dive deep to gather security requirements from appropriate stakeholders and write clear, detailed level requirements
* Interact and communicate with Project Stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of the project
* Drive awareness of security guidelines, secure-by-default configurations, and technological implementations
* Resolve roadblocks through driving trade-off decisions to move work forward
* Deliver correct security results to customers and the business
* Define, measure, and utilize project/program KPIs
* Identify and drive continuous process improvements across security programs and services
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.