Do you want to work on an exciting new product and build solutions to real business problems? Do you have software engineering capabilities, exceptional communication, project management skills, and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment?
We are seeking a strong Technical Program Manager for our expanding team within EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud). Our team's customers are internal EC2 teams and we care deeply about delighting them by building high quality software and processes to support their roadmap and project management needs, which ultimately enables them to be more efficient and productive.
The successful candidate will be a hands on software builder, have strong engineering acumen and experience in developing reporting infrastructures and flexible front-end tools. This will also require you to understand a broad range of Amazon's data resources and know how, when and which to use. Additionally, we are looking for someone with strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams in an ever-changing environment.
At Amazon, individual teams are responsible for selecting the appropriate languages, frameworks, or technologies best suited to solve the problems at hand. Additionally, our team has full access to every AWS Service and many other powerful, proprietary Amazon tools that improve productivity, ultimately leading to more powerful applications. Our team works in an Agile environment to ensure we're adding value with each iteration.
Roles and responsibilities:
* Build an understanding of what users do and why they do it
* Conduct deep dive analyses of business needs and formulate recommendations for prioritization
* Demonstrate deep understanding of source data from various systems
* Produce technical designs and documentation
* Own the logic for analytical and reporting models
* Engineer the design into code, data structures and user friendly web-applications
* Create, maintain and communicate project information to stakeholders
* Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
* Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
* Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders
* Learn new tools and technologies as needed to deliver high quality solutions
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.