Akamai's Global Performance & Operations Program Management Office (GPO PMO) is looking for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to drive deliverables and improve communication for our GPO Technology team. Where that work bridges between other GPO teams or outside of GPO, you will be called on to coordinate as a member, or lead a cross-functional team.
Technical Program Managers are key contributors to Akamai's success. As a TPM within Global Performance and Operations, you will be responsible for leading projects and developing processes that enable us to measure and improve performance on our networks, and therefore outpace our competitors and improve customer satisfaction.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will be responsible for:
* Creating program plans to support these efforts, including detailed work breakdown structures, as well as resource, communication, and risk plans.
* Investigating risks and potential roadblocks, developing contingency plans so the teams don't lose momentum, and escalating as necessary.
* Identifying, documenting, and communicating a prioritized backlog of work items and projects with key stakeholders, guiding them in adjusting priorities based on business needs.
* Negotiating program scope definition in collaboration with your stakeholders, with some guidance from PMO management.
* Communicating program status and expectation changes to senior leaders with appropriate frequency, using standardized methods.
* Identifying areas for process and tooling improvements within our functional area of the organization.
* Maintaining and iterating on a roadmap of committed work through the current calendar year and beyond.
About the Team:
Global Performance & Operations supports the performance and operationalization of Akamai's platform and products. Performance engineers develop Key Performance Indicators and assist with monitoring system health. Operations staff performs procedures and monitors system alerts in support of ongoing product and component health.
Within GPO, the Technology Performance team measures, reports on, and drives improvements in Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for all of Akamai's networks.
The Program Management Office (PMO) provides a GPO-wide approach to identify, prioritize, and successfully execute a technology portfolio of initiatives that are aligned with Akamai's strategic goals and company vision.
Required Education and Experience:
* 2-3 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree, or
* 1 year of relevant experience and a Master's / PhD degree, or
* Equivalent professional experience
* 2-3 years of experience in a technical or engineering-related discipline
* 2-3 years of experience in project management or a related role
* 2-3 years of experience working with the software development lifecycle
* Written communication that generates results, tailored to the audience.
* Verbal communication that ranges from energizing a room to subtly moving along agendas.
* Ability to work on multiple concurrent tasks, and to prioritize tasks to maximize productivity.
* Familiar with real-time operational environments, with a good understanding of operational safety.
* Encourage and build collaboration among individuals on your teams.
* Build and leverage relationships to positively influence teammates by mentoring and motivating others on your team, including those in positions of authority.
* Maneuver through complex political situations effectively, including diffusing tense situations on your teams.
* Ability to recognize, call out, and handle ambiguity.
* A lifetime learner, ready to pick up the next area of knowledge necessary to scope incoming work.
* Firm understanding of the principles of feline herd dynamics.
* Independence appropriate to the level of work, tempered with an appreciation of the values of good teamwork.
* A need to replace inefficient complexity with sane, simple systems.
* Experience moving teams from other systems to JIRA and Confluence.
* Experience working with Internet technologies or protocols such as DNS, HTTP, TCP/IP, etc.
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.