The Amazon Transportation & Logistics Technology is looking for a passionate technical program manager to lead the building of business intelligence and analytics platforms for Amazon's worldwide transportation network.
As a Technical Program Manager you will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data and analytics environments.
* You are responsible for managing technology programs, successfully delivering improvements to a product and/or to meet program goals.
* You partner with product managers to deeply understand the business and technical requirements of the solutions being built and drive the right outcomes.
* You partner with software development managers and engineering teams to secure resources, scope technical efforts, set project priorities, milestones, and drive delivery of complex/cross-functional projects.
* As part of your project and program ownership, you focus on the larger business and technology picture (i.e., customer experience, processes, opportunities, and/or problems to be solved).
* You take the time to understand the needs of engineers (who have to build, maintain, and extend features for the life of the system).
* You help your customers and the engineering teams make appropriate trade-offs by considering the larger picture (e.g., business goals, user experience, dependency impacts, efficiency, availability, operability).
* You determine if success metrics are in place, and if not work to define them.
* To meet timelines and minimize disruption to builder teams, you manage the overall schedule, proactively mitigate risks, and keep the scope of engineering efforts under control.
* You own program communication.
* You accelerate progress by driving crisp and timely decisions, clearing blockers (e.g., "Path to green"), escalating appropriately.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.