The AWS Perimeter Protection (also known as anti-DDoS) team is responsible for combating threats from the Internet against Amazon and its customers. We develop systems to monitor and defend one of the largest, distributed networks in the world. Our tools detect, diagnose DDoS attacks and respond to security threats in real-time, ensuring the fastest possible response to threats aimed at AWS infrastructure and applications. We are highly customer centric and work closely with them to develop new features that serve their needs. AWS WAF, AWS Shield, and AWS Firewall Manager (FMS) are some of the publicly offered services by our team.
Why should you join us?
* We provide services that defend some of the Internet's largest businesses from bad actors and malicious requests.
* We care about both delighting customers and building high quality software. Our leadership principles (http://www.amazon.jobs/principles) empower managers to act and challenge us never to accept the status quo.
* We offer a fast-paced environment with a start-up atmosphere. We ship code every day.
We are looking for an experienced, and customer obsessed Technical Program Manager who is able to collaborate effectively with our software engineering team and other service teams to build, operate, and maintain our infrastructure fleet. In this role, you will program manage the key initiatives, track delivery milestones, proactively mitigate risks, and manage multiple stakeholders for successful completions of the projects. You will be working closely software engineers and engineering managers, program managers, and product managers. This role is a good fit for someone who thrives in a dynamic environment, and is able to deal with complex projects, and handle competing priorities gracefully.
The key responsibilities in this Technical Program Manager role will be:
1. Align key internal and external partners to ensure scalable solutions and excellence in execution.
2. Lead prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, schedule, performance and cost.
3. Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, roadmap, financial, and/or technical goals.
4. Specify requirements for the technological systems and tools required to support business roadmap and goals
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.