Esurance is looking for a Technical Program Manager to join a dynamic and award-winning team of individuals who are committed to making insurance smarter, easier, and dare we say- cooler. As part of a growing company that is focused on providing an outstanding customer experience, you'll have the opportunity to expand your skills and discover your potential.
If you're looking for a career at a socially conscious company that offers great benefits - including matching 401k and tuition reimbursement - then you may have just found your new home.
Esurance combines the spunk of a startup company with the backing of Allstate (the largest publicly held personal lines insurer in the U.S.) to create a unique, energized, and exciting place to work.
The Technical Program Manager is responsible for managing multiple software development programs while partnering closely with engineering and business stakeholders, collaborating on strategic and tactical program planning, execution and delivery. TPM drives seamless functional and technical delivery of complex software development programs from Idea to Customer. Job Responsibilities
* Provide Program Management leadership on complex projects in parallel with significant scope / systems dependencies, focused on product and software definition
* Lead the team of product manager, User Experience (UX), engineering, QA and other stakeholders to execute the software program/project
* Cover all aspects of program management including program/project planning, data gathering, analysis, resources allocation, capacity planning, development, communication, risk management and mitigation, status tracking and reporting, implementation, monitoring, execution and delivery to achieve project plan within time and budget constraints.
* Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
* Build and validate different metrics around project/program
* Ingest product requirements and ensure details that will help the engineering team to fully agree and commit to deliver the most elegant technical solutions.
* Assist project teams in establishing clear commitments to stakeholders and help hold the teams accountable for meeting these commitments.
* Work out detailed plan around incremental rollouts
* Drive the SDLC on complex programs/projects to ensure software is being developed that meets the customer need.
* Act as an established, knowledgeable resource on the traditional and Agile methodology, effectively apply knowledge to projects, and enforce project standards
* Drive reviews with the team and key stakeholders / users to unearth and address any risks, organize product demos, facilitate UAT, plan releases and create and execute product launch plans
* Compile, track and present the exact status of assigned projects at all stages for major milestones reviews
* Work with project team to continuously update dates, scope, status, and documentation so that the project and its status are well understood
* Demonstrate basic knowledge of the systems architecture that impacts assigned projects. Bring excellent insight into new projects around technical dependencies and potential issues. Influence the design of projects
* Champion the customer, and ensures the software meets the needs of the customer
* Understand and assess critical paths and dependencies for delivering and shipping products and facilitate related discussions Qualifications:
* Deep understanding of software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
* Self-motivated, proactive and proven ability to adapt well and work with different teams within organization
* Demonstrated ability to build and validate metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes.
* Ability to operate as an individual contributor to get the job done; at the same time be able to guide a team toward an objective
* Able to spot, escalate and address risks and to provide direction throughout the program/project lifecycle.
* Excellent communication skills ? both oral and written
* Strong, consistent project management/collaboration tools capabilities: JIRA, Confluence, business productivity (MS Office, MS Project, Visio) Experience / Education:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical education and work experience
* Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline preferred
* 5+ years of overall software industry experience as Application Support Engineer, QA Engineers, Software Engineer or similar role in combination with 3+ years of Technical Program Management experience running large complex programs in a fast paced environment using traditional and Agile methodologies and delivering highly scalable and robust systems with at least one year prior experience as a software developer preferred
* Experience managing technical programs, who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and influence partner teams and cross-functional teams, such as product management, technical program management, development teams and senior business leaders
* PMP, Prince 2, SAFe, or SCRUM/Agile certified preferred Physical Demands and Work Environment Representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to operate a PC and sit for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Esurance, being committed to our employees is not just something we say, it's something we do. Our benefits package is designed to help our associates stay healthy, meet their long-term financial goals, and balance the demands of work and personal life. Esurance rewards hard work, dedication, and creativity with competitive salaries and a generous bonus system. We are committed to our employees and we are dedicated to creating a diverse, positive, innovative and team-oriented work environment.
Health & wellness
* Medical, vision, and dental insurance
* Life Insurance
* Accidental death and dismemberment coverage
* Wellness tools and coaching
* Group critical illness coverage
* Accident indemnity and hospital indemnity plans
* Group legal
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* Identity Protection
* 401(k) plan with annual matching contribution
* Choice Dollars
* Referral bonuses
* Performance-rewarding bonus system
* Tuition assistance program (up to $5,250 per year)
* Health savings and flexible spending accounts
* Commuter benefits
Family & community
* Adoption assistance
* Buckle Up Baby program
* Pet insurance discount
* Charitable gift matching
* Give Time, Get Time volunteer program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Paid time off (holidays, vacation, personal days)
* Short-term disability
* Long-term disability (employee-paid option)