As a part of the Cloud & AI team, Commerce Enablement Services enables Microsoft to run its Commercial and Consumer businesses - accountable for ensuring customers transact the latest products and programs timely and compliantly as well as evolving to meet the ever changing business needs in market.
Our charter requires us to understand new or changes to existing products and their programs while connecting those requirements into how our customers will use the commerce platform to handle contract management, pricing, ordering, fulfillment, benefits and ecommerce. All of this while transforming how we enable transactions using automation and cognitive services. We have an incredible charter to drive transformative impact across Commerce Services and we are looking for a passionate, talented and creative team member excited about building our culture of no human touch through data observations within Commerce Services as we design and implement the solutions to enable transactions in a complaint manner.
As a Program Manager within the engineering professional, your job requires you to have passion for data, enabling business value through efficient data ingestion, drive policy and rules simplification and automation, build data analytics models, take decisions based on data insights, solid capabilities in software engineering and interacting with multiple teams to come with the correct process, tooling and automation improvements.
* A degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Statistics or related discipline with 4+ years of related work experience
* Experience with data. History of creative, analytical and critical thinking related to working with data (experience in statistical analysis is a plus)
* Experience designing, developing, or managing data transfer services
* Basic SQL, Powershell and/or C# coding skills
* Ability to reverse engineer business rules
* Demonstrated ability to develop strong working relationships through passion and influence, collaborating across functional & global teams
* Exceptional problem-solving skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to balancing the needs of the business and technical tradeoffs
PREFERRED, NOT REQUIRED:
* Expertise in Machine learning and Azure
* Experience with Commerce Supply Chain Management
* Data operations and or Run operations experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Our team automates how commercial rules come alive; from engineers checking-in code for data models, bugs, and all the way to new builds and ultimately to distribution/delivery. You will be involved from defining strategies to detailed aspects of the execution working with technical program managers to understand end to end business rules scenarios, identify and implement correct data modeling, automate business rules and proper data integration working across Engineering, Marketing and Operations in order to deliver the right product offers.
* Understanding data integration, rule guardrails and translating them as a Service.
* Identify business priorities in delivering automation for a multitude of update types for existing and emerging type of product offers and components.
* Building comprehensive road map that aligns deliverables from different teams (telemetry, user interfaces, data workflow orchestration automation, feedback, new features) to execute on business priorities.
* Presenting and securing organization sign off for your vision from business and engineering leadership
* Identify owners of various components that need servicing, understand technical and business requirement and produce complete solution (function specifications) which will automate delivery of such updates.
* Work with engineering counterparts (in many occasions from different teams) to ensure that implementation delivers on core requirements You will be expected to build an expertise an your area and be the subject matter expert across the org.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.