Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our Platform Services engineering team is responsible for delivering domain microservices and API's that support multiple client experience and capability teams so we can deliver faster and scale to support the growth in our order volume.
In support of the Invitae mission, our engineering team needs to continue to move faster and support the needs of multiple teams and concurrent business initiatives. We are looking for a Technical Product Manager that will be responsible for defining and building our microservice and API catalog to support and accelerate the development of critical business initiatives across the company.
What you'll do:
* Collaborate with business stakeholders, other product owners and development teams to understand their needs, requirements, roadmaps and priorities
* Drive product requirements and write user stories based on prioritized requirements
* Drive prioritization consensus across business teams and serve as an effective liaison between stakeholders and engineering
* Manage programs and feature prioritization across multiple services in the Platform Services portfolio
* Work closely with the engineering organization through design, development, testing, release, and maintenance of Platform Services to ensure quality and successful delivery
* Educate and promote adoption of Platform Services
* Create and maintain a product roadmap for Platform Services and determine requirements for each service release based on business needs, operational needs, end user requirements, and technical architecture
* Demonstrate flexibility and the ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced, matrix environment
* Balance business needs versus technical decisions and constraints
* Communicate releases and release notes
What you bring:
* 3 years of technical product development experience
* 5 years in software development as an engineer or product manager
* Experience building developer portals, platforms or API services
* Solid understanding of web services, REST API's, and microservices
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Must be able to communicate effectively and confidently with users, team members and leads.
* Excellent organizational and collaboration skills
* Self starter with bias toward delivery and business outcomes
* Strong decision making and prioritization skills
* Experience in Agile/Scrum/Kanban development environments
* Aptitude for understanding, digesting, and analyzing complex systems integrations
* Ability to work flexible hours when needed due to collaborators in multiple time zones.
* Preferred: MBA, Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
* Preferred: Experience as a software engineer developing microservices and API's using JSON, Swagger, and OAuth
* Preferred: Proven track record of delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment
* Preferred: Knowledge/experience with Kafka and/or event sourcing architectures
* Preferred: Knowledge/experience with CI/CD, blue/green deployments, and canary releases
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Invitae is a company engaged in medical genetic testing.