LearnVest is redefining the American approach to personal finance. Our planners leverage financial technology to create simple, affordable, realistic plans for anyone who wants to feel confident about their money and optimistic about the future.
Since launching in 2010, LearnVest has been one of the premier financial technology companies in the country, helping thousands of people make progress on their financial goals. LearnVest was acquired by Northwestern Mutual in 2015 and is now scaling its technology and personal finance approach to help millions of people across both the LearnVest and Northwestern Mutual brands.
LearnVest is looking for a talented CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ to shape and lead our financial planning advice at LearnVest and Northwestern Mutual on the Advice Strategy Team. This individual will work on a team of experienced planners, like a consultant, to curate the advice in our financial planning software. This team works closely with our Planning Experience’s Product Managers to ensure quality financial advice is embedded across our product. Strong financial planning fundamentals will need to be supplemented with soft skills in building relationships across numerous teams, effectively communicating both in person and remotely, and aligning teams around shared implementation of advice. In addition to leveraging your financial planning background to ensure that our planning advice is excellent by all measurable standards, you dedicate about half of your time to working as the exclusive Product Manager to our GraphQL API team.
For the right individual, this role presents an opportunity to contribute to a product and company vision that improves the financial lives of millions of everyday people.
As a member of the Advice Strategy Team, you will get to:
- Research, support, and draft proposals for our financial planning advice, standards and assumptions.
- Take ownership over complex financial planning scenarios and work through all use cases to drive towards solutions that will work for all clients.
- Leverage outside consultants where necessary and own those relationships
- Work collaboratively with partner teams to bring our advice to life through our Planning Experience, Planner Experience, Scenario Planning, Algorithm, Plan Outputs, Digital Plan, etc.
- Work with a remote based, talented, mission-driven, fun-loving team who values your input and your individuality.
As the Product Manager for the GraphQL API, you will get to:
- Display your technical acumen, incorporate planning, forecasting, and oversight of the lifecycle of the product.
- Work with partner teams to bring the data from our provider teams to our consumer teams in a business prioritized, timely schedule.
- Regularly communicate all releases, features and capabilities to partner teams
Who we’re looking for:
- Someone with patience and persistence to solve complex problems: You have ability to get things done quickly but thoughtfully and possess a strong sense of accountability.
- Someone who is data-driven: You know how to leverage data to make good decisions when confronted by ambiguity. You may not have all the answers upfront, but you figure out how to find them.
- Someone who learns quickly and thinks strategically: You have the ability to break down complex problems into actionable steps. You’re ready to jump right in and get your feet wet. You’re able to see the big picture and identify opportunities to improve our advice in a meaningful way.
- Someone who is organized and efficient with an attention to detail: You do not let important details slip through the cracks. You’re able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Someone who is highly effective at communicating: You’re comfortable and persuasive when presenting to large groups, in person and in remote settings. Much of this team’s work is conducted remotely, so you should be comfortable with camera on, video conferencing on a daily basis.
- Someone who has a desire to never stop learning: You have an inherent curiosity and passion to broaden your skills and qualifications.
- 5+ years of financial industry background preferred
- 3+ years of direct client experience preferred
- Preferred professional designations: CFP®
- Fully stocked snacks, beer fridge, cold brew kegs, frequent catered lunches, company dodgeball team, and whiskey hours.
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, matching 401(k), pension program