Provides Technical Product Management support for Securus products and features with primary focus on new development, being a technical subject matter resource for the company, and introducing new products and features into internal support teams.
* Support assigned Products as the technical subject matter expert on all features in terms of how they work, what their options are, how they might be configured to support unexpected use cases, and how the feature and options are provisioned
* Translate and elaboration of Product and Feature specifications into business requirements sufficient to define the full scope of the development request for architecture and design purposes.
* Represent Product Management in the day-to-day design and development decisions and questions that arise and which require Product Management involvement while safeguarding department priorities.
* Perform User Acceptance Testing of newly developed products and features so as to ensure compliance with requirements as well as an acceptable user experience.
* Create detailed Internal Release Notes for use in training teams including installation, technical support, field service technicians, and sales engineering sufficient for the document to be a stand-alone reference.
* Assist business Product Managers to understand the implementation of the product specifications so as to ensure their comfort that what was asked for is being developed.
* Assist in evaluating and proposing RFP and RFI responses for both standard and non-standard scenarios.
* Create Feature Guides explaining details associated with major features to be used by internal parties as a reference for understanding and insight.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* A high degree of understanding of product development methodologies to include, at a minimum, Waterfall and Agile
* Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
* Ability to work cross functionally with team members representing a wide diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, and perspectives
* Possession of sufficient time management skills to be responsible for multiple products
* Ability to maintain focus on what is important when dealing with details
* Ability to organize abstract and disparate details into an understandable structure suitable for a wide variety of backgrounds and technical expertise
* Ability to apply technical understanding to perform troubleshooting and to anticipate what troubleshooting might be necessary
* Willingness to visit jails and prisons and potentially be in close proximity with detainees and inmates
* High level of critical thinking and analytical problem solving
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Familiarity with data network topologies
* Familiarity with web page structures and topology
* Experience in evaluating &/or designing engaging user experiences
* Polished public speaking and presentation skills
* Ability to assimilate the minutia of ideas and concepts and organize them into an understandable and consumable structure
* Proven ability to translate product and feature concepts into detailed business requirements
* High School Diploma or GED
* 3 years' experience in Technical Product Management or 10 years' in software &/or web page development
* Bachelor's degree in a related science or business major
* Prior experience as a developer of or Technical Product Manager over telecommunication services and products
* Prior experience as a developer of software applications or web pages
* Prior experience as a business systems analyst
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools. May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
It is the Company's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals. Securus will not discriminate against any associate or qualified job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of that person's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected under local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.