Our vision is beyond a connected home, rather a smarter home where technology is your friend and not an obstacle. Consumer electronics is one of the fastest growing industries in the world. Trends in Technology change every season and new devices are making way into the homes of people faster than ever. Interacting with these devices is a challenge.
Our team is focused on next generation distributed platforms for the connected home ecosystem; we solve real life problems and bring improvements to the masses. We are infatuated by technology; however only see it as the means and not the goal itself. We accept no boundaries and no problem should remain unresolved.
Our products and technologies are touched by well over 450 million people every week, and we're just getting started! We design & developed an extraordinary number of products for the connected home, backed by a complete ecosystem of data driven software solutions & cloud services for connected devices from leading brands in mobile, gaming and consumer electronics segments!
Visit our links for more insight:
This role requires a deep understanding of UEI's core technologies ranging from embedded Linux applications for TVs, STBs and Game Consoles, Android & iOS Mobile applications as well as back-end Data Infrastructure and cloud services.
They are expected to have a very hands-on approach to product delivery and be intimately involved with product delivery execution.
This role will be interacting with the multi-disciplinary Software & Services division of the company, and has responsibility to help manage the overall development & delivery of the final solutions across the embedded, mobile and data infrastructure departments.
* Create and present artifacts to convey software solutions to internal and external customers
* Regularly produce various content types, including email, social media posts, blogs and white pap
* Translates product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
* Acts as a product evangelist to build training material and understanding for new product releases
* Analyze content marketing metrics and makes changes as needed
* Creates and maintains product release plans in collaboration with the product owner
* Communicates project status including timeline, risks, delays, and the overall progress to select key stakeholders
* Defines the scope of the product release in collaboration with the executive team
* Works with the Product Owner and scrum masters to facilitate the communication across teams
* Acts as a Project Manager when needed. Takes responsibility for managing outliers - tasks and dependencies between our software development teams, and product teams
* Monitors the progress of the product releases and makes adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the release
* Reviews the quality of the work completed with the technical team on a regular basis to ensure that it met the release standards - Both technical and product perspectives
Desired Skills and Experience
* B.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical field with proven ability to learn technical concepts quickly
* Strong desire for a Product and/or Software Project Management
* Possess a strong technical background and able to learn & apply new topics quickly and efficiently
* Ability to act as liaison between customer and development teams to communicate software solutions and coordinate software technology planning and implementation
* Exposure to an Agile, technical environment
* Knowledge of embedded applications, web technologies, mobile application development, or data infrastructure development is a plus
* Solution oriented, and when issues arise, be able to roll up sleeves and tackle them
* Excellent writing skills, as well as the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively - A Must
* Must be passionate about solving problems
About Universal Electronics
Universal Electronics provides wireless control technology for the connected home.