What you'll be doing...
The Manager will work closely with the Senior Manager to manage, support and collaborate across all of Verizon Finance for all Finance Reporting projects and production support. The ideal candidate for this role will have a solid project and program management background, with a blend of technical and business experience, as well as having had significant exposure to financial reporting applications.
* Direct responsibility for the highly-skilled Reporting Solutions team including cost & budget responsibility, team/people/skill development, performance review and target setting/achievement.
* Key contact for the Verizon-wide Accounting and Finance (VPs and Director level) consumers for reporting solutions.
* Accountable for aligning and driving the long term strategies and objectives to Corporate Systems Group Reporting solutions.
* Responsible for medium to large-scale reporting solutions projects in line with long-term strategies/objectives and with significant impact on Verizon's Reporting processes and IT landscape.
* Flexibility and collaborative work approach to solve complex problems and to develop customer-specific solutions - taking into account multiple internal and external stakeholder groups and with changing demands and requirements.
* Compliance to Verizon-wide policies and procedures.
What we're looking for...
You are organized, practical and have critical thinking ability to solve multiple business requirements. You have solid Data Management and Data Quality background and knowledge of how ERP, General Ledger, and reporting tools work and interface with each other. You are also an effective manager who can work independently and contribute to various projects and initiatives.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree in general Accounting, Finance, FP&A, Information Systems or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Six or more years' of strong management experience.
* Experience managing a team.
* Ability to lead or contribute to large scale projects and handle multiple tasks to meet required deadlines on time.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree or MBA.
* Experience with Data Governance.
* Ability to collaborate well with internal and external teams.
* Ability to interface with various/complex stakeholder groups and functions, as well as senior level management.
* Excellent forward thinking and analytical skills.
* Strong problem solving skills and ability to implement process improvements.
* Attention to detail and strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience communicating throughout multiple levels of the organization.
* Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.