Posting Job Description
Who we are:
The Business Technology Services (BTS) team within the Media Technology & Information Services (MTIS) group at HBO is responsible for the building and support of vital technology solutions supporting the acquisition, planning, scheduling, processing, and distribution of HBO's premium content. Our mission is to define and execute on the future business technology landscape, leveraging solid architectural principles.
This role will be focused on our Content area which delivers custom workflows and integrations which support our OpenText Media Manager platform. These workflows are heavily utilized across all business areas within HBO and are integral to our media supply chain by supplementing assets, across all platforms, with photos, clips and service-specific metadata. This person will be leading a dedicated development team that is responsible for the design, development, testing and delivery of new enhancements, integrations and workflows. They will also be working on re-designing key micro-services and making sound architectural improvements to the platform as a whole.
What you'll do:
* Mentor and lead a dedicated team of onshore/offshore developers using agile methodologies
* Take on delivery responsibility for software starting with design, development, testing and on through to production deployment
* Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of HBO's OTMM/Exploit bounded context to help drive the end-to-end design and development for workflows and integrations.
* Research and document current integrations and endpoints which will in turn be used to create the strategy for future architectural improvements
* Collaborate with Architecture, QA, DBA, BI and other technical teams/leads to create best-of-breed designs and frameworks
* Work with teams to tease out implementation details and solve design/coding issues before they become roadblocks.
Who You Are?
* You deliver results quickly with iteration, instead of waiting for perfection, and you actively solicit feedback
* You seek to constantly improve your knowledge of existing technologies and explore new ones
* You create code that is simple to understand and maintain, and you take pride in its quality
* You seek to share knowledge with others openly, broadly, and deliberately
* You can balance between enhancements to current production codebases and new developments that augment the platform
* You care about software processes, data-informed design, and responsible experimentation.
* You thrive working alongside other technically curious and motivated engineers to help our organization grow and deliver world class solutions
We are an industry-leading media company and we are looking for a highly skilled individual with a proven track record that takes pride in bringing high-quality solutions quickly to market, enjoys learning and applying new technologies, values collaboration, and thrives in a dynamic engineering-oriented work environment.
Successful applicants must have:
* 8+ years Java development experience with the latest server and UI technology stacks such as Java, SpringBoot, Angular, etc.
* 3+ years leading software development teams
* Knowledge of domain-driven design and design patterns
* Hands-on experience with SQL, entity modeling, and relational and non-relational databases
* Hands-on experience in designing RESTful APIs, event-driven workflows, and microservices
* Test automation experience - Junit/Spock/Groovy unit testing, TDD, testing pyramid
* Working knowledge of development tools such as GIT/Subversion, Jenkins, Bamboo etc
* 3+ Years of experience with OTMM or a similar Digital Asset Management Platform a big +
* Experience writing cloud deployed applications using Amazon Web Services or equivalent a +
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent technical experience required.
* Strong communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel
* Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills and the ability to develop creative solutions
* Ability to create and foster a positive and energetic influence in the department.
Previous technical experience in the media/entertainment industry is preferred