Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world and digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare and Swarm, as well as thriving media and enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places and Pilgrim SDK (for developers), Pinpoint and Attribution (for marketers), and Place Insights (for analysts, based on the world's largest foot traffic panel). With more than 200 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, Chicago and in sales offices around the globe, we're dedicated to our trailblazing mission-enriching consumer experiences and informing business decisions with location intelligence.
About Core Visits Data Team:
Pilgrim SDK is our always on, passive location detection engine. It provides contextual awareness to mobile applications and connected devices to understand where and how users are moving through the real world. Pilgrim Core Visits are generated as a part of The Pilgrim SDK is a core piece of the Foursquare business and is a high impact team with big impact on the broader company success.
About the role:
Join us and help bring our feature ideas (and your own!) off the whiteboard and into reality. As our Core Visits Tech Lead, you will be responsible for the following:
* Launch features that enable developers to build rich contextual location experiences in their apps.
* Create and execute technical vision for Pilgrim iOS SDK, establishing process and tooling improvements to increase code quality
* Mentor and coach junior engineers
* Collaborate with product owners and product managers on roadmaps and OKRs.
* Work on cross-functional project teams with product managers, designers, Android engineers, and server engineers.
* Iterate on features in our first party apps: City Guide and Swarm.
* Interact with SDK partners to solve their needs and listen to their concerns.
* Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Statistics or commensurate experience
* 5+ years of software engineering, Big Data Engineering and/or team lead experience
* Proven track record of building and shipping large-scale engineering products
* Experience working with large, complex data sets from a variety of sources
* Ability to collaborate with a diverse set of engineers, data scientists and product managers
* Experience with functional and object-oriented programming, Scala a plus
* Experience with Databricks,Spark or EMR
* Effective communication skills (both written and verbal), comfortable presenting to a group
* Comfort in a fast-paced startup environment
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and the products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.