Job Location: Renaissance Boston Waterfront Position Overview
The Technical Lead is responsible for intermediate level set up and operation of small to large-scale audiovisual systems in a hospitality environment while ensuring complete customer satisfaction. This position reports to an Operations Manager, Operations Director, or Director of Event Technology.
Key Job Responsibilities
* Responsible for accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of intermediate audiovisual equipment. * Troubleshoot technical issues and resolve problems quickly as they arise. * Complies with all Company security and safety measures. * Ensures equipment is secure from theft and/or damage when in use.
* Provides excellent service and strive to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers. * Be a leader, mentor and coach for other Technicians on PSAV's Delivering World Class Service philosophy. * Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication. * Meets with guests on site to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly. * Monitors events and checks in on customers throughout the day. * Understands and fosters the hotel/client relationship.
* Understands the technical aspects of the job and demonstrates advanced operational ability to troubleshoot and problem solve with equipment and software issues. * Anticipates equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional manner.
* Understands company processes, follows procedures and completes systems entry and paperwork accurately. * Uses the equipment sheets to determine the equipment scheduled for set up and for strike. * Interacts with other staff and outside vendors for equipment. * Increases revenue by utilizing floor up-selling techniques. * Work with clients to finalize invoices. * As needed, work within PSAV systems and applications
* High school diploma required. Associate's degree is preferred. * Achieve Technical Level 3 Certification per PSAV Technical Skillset Matrix (@PSAV/HR/Global Learning). * Achieve three, Technical Level 2 Certifications (2 must be A,V,L or P and 1 from the remaining 6). See Skill Set Addendum. * 2-3+ years of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred. * 2-3+ years of audio visual experience is required. * A valid driver's license is required for team members in positions that may operate Company vehicles * Additional DOT requirement may need to be met if applicable.