A career in our Product Development and Architecture - Practice Support practice, within New Business Ventures, will provide you with the opportunity to invest in new business models that leverage our knowledge and build solutions for the growing digital market. New Business Ventures identifies, develops, and commercialises technology-enabled solutions that deliver PwC value, knowledge, and experience to our clients. Each new solution focuses on data-driven platforms or other intellectual property based solutions that leverage emerging technologies and new business models. Through the process of building new solutions, we foster a culture of innovation within PwC, extend brand relevance in the market, and generate new revenue. Our team is responsible for the research, collaboration, prototyping of products, solutions, and services for PwC New Ventures.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
* Be involved in the financial management of clients
* Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
* Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
* Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
* Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
* Train, coach, and supervise staff
* Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
* Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Engineering, Computer and Information Science
Additional Educational Requirements:
Other related fields of study may be considered.
Minimum Years of Experience:
5 year(s) in software development with at last 1 year leading developers in delivery of software products.
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in modern software engineering approaches, technologies, and tools, including the following areas:
* Cloud-ready architectures utilizing infrastructure and platform cloud services for AWS, GCP, or Azure;
* Event-driven and microservices architectures;
* Big Data or Analytics or AI tools;
* DevOps including virtualization, automation, continuous integration;
* Mobile/Web architecture stacks;
* Polyglot Persistence including RDBMS/NoSQL data stores and appropriate use cases;
* Rapid-prototyping workflows and development tools;
* Frameworks/Libraries such as Angular, React, D3;
* Database including noSQL (mongo, neo4j, firebase), relational (mySQL, postgres);
* Configuration Management such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform;
* Messaging such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, Redis, GraphQL; and,
* Containers including Docker, Kubernetes.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in technical lead roles involving the following areas:
* Communicating, verbally and written, with both business and technical stakeholders to achieve product engineering objectives;
* Leading across all aspects of a technology solution such as integration, data, services, front-end, back-end, network, deployment, scaling, security, performance and development;
* Managing rapid-prototyping efforts with new and emerging technologies leveraging agile development techniques;
* Designing successful technical/integration architectures for large-scale platforms with a mix of 3rd party vendor, open-source, custom software, including the documentation of technical assumptions and decisions;
* Contributing to and managing incubators/innovation lab environments, and working with small teams across a variety of new and emerging technologies;
* Working in an environment that leverages project management skills like planning and tracking, issue and risk management, multitasking, team organization, and activity prioritization; and,
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers) is a global provider of auditing, accounting, and assurance services for organizations and individuals.