201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
About the Team:
At Capital One, we build product trust and provide a way for consumers to self-educate and choose the best product fit using our Ratings and Reviews platform. As the Tech Lead & Manager of the Ratings & Reviews platform development team, you will be utilizing all of your technical expertise across the stack - frontend, backend, cloud-based resilient services, and APIs, CICD and databases, to build and refine our application. Nothing is off limits as we explore exciting ways to take advantage of open source libraries, bolder design patterns, modern cloud-based architecture, advanced monitoring tools, and high-risk A/B Tests. We operate in small, productive, agile teams. Our engineers are given the best means necessary to develop the best possible products with the least amount of friction. We also offer free lunch three days a week along with a fully stocked kitchen.
* Perform complex application programming activities in the latest technologies: Angular, Typescript, Node.js, AWS, HTML, and CSS
* Evaluate and choose the right technology and approach for the application architecture
* Develop features that are scalable, accessible and renders effectively across multiple browsers, operating systems, and device types (desktop, mobile, tablet, etc.)
* Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other developers on different permutations to find the best solution possible.
* Manage the careers of the engineers on your team and ensure their continued growth and development
* Inspire junior engineers to push the boundaries of technology alongside you
* Collaborate with Solutions Architects and Site Reliability team to manage the application's cloud infrastructure and resiliency
* Continually evolve the tech stack and ensure that the team remains up to date with the latest in technology
Bachelor's Degree or military experience
At least 6 years of experience designing, developing and delivering full stack web applications
At least 1 year experience building and deploying in the Cloud
At least 3 years of experience providing REST APIs
At least 3 years experience with Node.js
At least 2 years experience with Responsive Web Design
At least 4 years of experience leading technical teams
At least 3 years of technical management experience
At least 2 years of experience hiring engineers
2 years of experience with public cloud-oriented architectures in AWS or Microsoft Azure or Akamai
At least 2 years of experience with Agile development methodologies including Scrum or Kanban
3 years of application architecture experience with scalable, cloud-based systems building API's and fault-tolerant architectures
3 years experience building MEAN/MERN stack applications
3 years of production experience of a single page application framework like Angular, Ember, or React
3 years of production experience with Node.js frameworks like Express, Hapi, Sails.js or Mean.js
3 years of production experience with NoSQL DBs like MongoDB or AWS DynamoDB
2 years experience with SASS
3 years experience with Grunt, Gulp, Jenkins, CircleCI or Webpack
2 years experience with common CMS platforms like Drupal, Wordpress, Joomla or Contentful
At this time, Capital One will not consider sponsoring a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.