Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You've come to the right place.
You don't have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We're glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we're building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry - and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This job is a member of the Customer Buy Flight, within the Information Technology Division. The Technical Lead, IT Applications will provide technical direction and leadership in regards to the design, development, and deployment of solutions within our customer base. The technical lead comes up with innovative solutions for business and technical problems, creates and maintains technical specifications, as well as anticipates and acts upon issues that arise, providing alternate approaches and solutions, communicates decisions clearly, and sets the standard for highest quality of work. The lead's responsibility includes providing solutions, updates and deployments, and will also work with Architects and coordinate with IT Vendors, Infrastructure, Network and Security engineers to understand, implement, test and verify the systems.
Specifically, you'll do the following:
* Collaborates with leaders, business analysts, project managers, IT architects, technical leads and other developers, along with internal customers, to understand requirements and develop needs according to business requirements * Maintains and enhances existing enterprise services, applications, and platforms using domain driven design and test-driven development * Troubleshoots and debugs complex issues; identifies and implements solutions * Creates detailed project specifications, requirements, and estimates * Researches and implements new technologies to enhance current processes, security, and performance * Supports the development of coding standards and adhere to best practices and security guidelines * Works closely with software architects and technical leads to ensure decisions meet long-term enterprise growth needs
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training * 5 years of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience * 3 years of professional, design, and open-source experience * Proficiency in Full Stack Development * Proficiency and demonstrated experience in the following technologies: * J2EE technologies: Java * Database and persistence frameworks: Hibernate, Oracle, Object/Relational Mapping, Query performance tuning * Cloud-based development: Cloud Foundry * Web Servers: Tomcat, tc Server * Web Services: REST/SOAP (JSON/WSDL/XML) * Frameworks: Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud * Front-end: Angular JS 4+, HTML5 * Build/deployment tools: Maven, Gradle, Git, Junit, Mockito * Other Dev Ops Toolchain: Selenium, Nexus Repository, Hygieia, Sonar Qube, Fortify on Demand, Slack, GitHub, Jenkins, New Relic, Dynatrace, Splunk
* Working knowledge of Server based Operating Systems - Windows and Unix based servers, Shell and UNIX scripting. * Working knowledge of Virtualization platforms like - VMWare, XEN Servers, Cloud foundry, ESX. * Working knowledge of infrastructures - Firewalls, Network switches and Load balancers * Working knowledge of software/platforms - Active Directory, SQL Server, Domain Controllers, IIS Server.
Required Qualifications (Continued)
* Proficiency in coordinating across multiple teams to accomplish goals * Proficiency in object-oriented design techniques and principles * Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools (Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) * Experience in Agile methodologies, such as SCRUM * Experience in DevOps Toolchain methodologies, including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment * Experience with Test Driven Development, Pair programming, Cloud projects * Understanding of Mobile native app development, Mobile web services
* Airline Industry experience * Baggage Systems experience * Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups * Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration, and negotiation skills * Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently * Ability to train team members on DevOps concepts, cutting edge technologies
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 27689
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Engineer, Database, Oracle, Developer, Information Systems, Engineering, Technology
About American Airlines
American Airlines operates as a network air carrier.