At the NBA, we're passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league's on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world's most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA's success.
Are you an excellent Tech Lead looking to join a dynamic team?
You will be part of a growing Application Development team within IT that builds innovative applications for Internal and External Users. The IT department services over ten internal departments, and the Tech Lead will be skillful developer comfortable with frontend, middleware and backend technologies. The current technology stack primarily consists of C#/ASP.net, SQL Server, Sybase with the use of a variety of JS frameworks.
We're looking fora passionate, highly energetic and skillful technologist who can balance the rapid pace of technology change, handle client relationships and work closely with the business and technical teams/vendors. S/he will need to wear many hats, so flexibility and a can-do attitude are important!
You should have a dynamic collaborative personality that can champion the cause of Agile within the organization. Someone who has a consistent record of successfully delivering value for their customers in a dynamic environment along with successful management of customer expectations. A passionate and diligent hands-on engineer who strives for quality and automation would be ideal for this position. Experience in mentoring and leading other staff, both onsite and offshore would be needed for this role to be successful.
This position reports into the Senior Director of Application Development.
* Understand business needs and develop solutions that delight consumers.
* Develop consumer grade applications that can scale in a global environment based upon specifications.
* Ability to exercise independent judgment, anticipate customer needs, service oriented, change goals and direction quickly; prioritize, take initiative and multitask; excellent oral/written communication, provides information in a clear/concise manner
* Enhance and support ongoing development and quality checks for existing projects/applications; improve test coverage of existing code bases
* Document software design specifications, system architecture and other relevant artifacts in coordination with software development teams/vendors to support ongoing needs.
* Ability to conduct code, quality and design reviews
* Collaborate with internal team and external partners to ensure new developments align with roadmap and integrate seamlessly with other platform components
* Ability to lead application rollouts, system upgrades, apply user experience techniques
* Find opportunities to use new technologies to enhance the Platform as well as bring in more automation
* Assists in the ongoing support of multiple application environments.
* Successfully lead and run offshore teams is a key job requirement
* Research and learn new applications & technologies. Someone who prides in remaining in touch with the latest and greatest in the technology world.
* Strive to be a domain authority in the business area and able to independently support the applications.
* Responsibility and accountability are key traits for success in this role. Resolution of production issues in a timely manner, communicating with users on the progress of the issues through email, phone or slack. Accountable for overall health of applications.
* Open eagerness to learn new technologies and bring new ideas to the table!
* 7+ Years of relevant IT experience
* Expertise in .net technologies including.NET Core, .Net Framework 4.7 using C#, ASP.NET Core, MVC, Web API.
* Experience in development of CI/CD pipeline
* Experience with database technologies e.g. SQL Server
* Experience in developing mobile first UI (Responsive and/or Adaptive technologies)
* Experience with technical design and architecting Applications (e.g. Design Patterns, distributed applications etc.)
* Experience with best in breed code management and documentation practices
* Experience with usage of Agile Tooling, specifically TFS, Jira, etc.
* Superb communication skills (written and verbal)
* Confirmed experience in various type of applications support and coordinating application development.
* Ability to have in-depth knowledge of the systems that is being supported. Understand business for which system is being build and used.
* Be a teammate and be ready to go beyond to help immediate team and do not be averse to not shy away from asking for help if needed.
* Develop and sustain a professional attitude in touch user meetings.in dealing with business partners.
* Ability to translate ideas into solutions based on business needs
* Experience in leading discussions with the goal of clearly extracting & articulating business requirements and corresponding solutions.
* Verifiable Confirmed understanding and experience with working in an Agile based environment is a requirement
* Experience in working with cloud environments, e.g. Amazon, Azure would be a plus
* Knowledge of additional languages e.g. Python, R would be a plus.
* Familiarity of Native mobile (iOS, android) or hybrid mobile frameworks (e.g. React Native, Phone Gap etc..) would be a plus
* Experience with or knowledge of Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Storm, Kafka etc.), NoSQL and Graph databases would be a plus
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Developer, Database, SQL, Java, Middleware, Technology