Do you like to get things done? Do you enjoy coding and developing software? As part of software engineering and technology team, you'll design, test and develop software applications that'll help push forward the retail industry.
A Technical Lead is a hands-on specialist who is comfortable coding 80% of his/her day while also overseeing the daily work of the Development team. This position requires an individual who is creative, team-oriented, a quick learner and driven to produce results. This individual must be a leader who also loves to code. The ideal candidate will have had experience navigating in fast-paced fluid environments. Additional responsibilities include mentoring the team, driving Agile methodology, tracking the current tasks of the team members as well as triaging and/or escalating issues as needed. The ideal candidate will have a background in Java Web Services, Micro-services, REST APIs, Spring framework and Messaging techniques. Other skills needed for this position are Nodes JS, Backbone, JQuery and Handlebar templates or other related libraries and frameworks. The successful applicant will work closely with Business Analysts, other Technical Leads, Software Engineers, Operations, and Support Engineers in a highly collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions. Perform other duties as assigned.
* Oversee design process of Development as well as testing for large-scale, ecommerce web applications, tools, and/or software.
* Design and develop solid test software using test frameworks such as JUnit/TestNG, Jasmine, and Selenium.
* Hands-on coding of Development related tasks.
* Measure and improve test coverage using code coverage tools.
* Continuously execute the tests in a CI environment to catch regression issues.
* Diagnose and troubleshooting of complex software.
* Create high quality defect reports.
* Identify and Optimize opportunities to improve the software development lifecycle.
* Evaluate new tools / products in support of changing business needs.
* Work with distributed teams across various time zones.
* Passion for product quality.
* Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 5+ years of experience
* Master's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 3+ years of experience
* Must have at least 3-5 years of experience working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivering software products to market
* 3/5+ years of full life cycle hands-on experience designing and developing large scale web applications on high traffic Internet site(s)
* Experience in managing development resources including thoughtful leadership to translate business needs into functional requirements
* A record of successful delivery of software applications as an individual, team leader and/or Development manager
* 3/5+ years of full life cycle development J2EE or UI project and development experience
* 3/5+ years of experience with Backbone, Marionette and Underscore or equivalent technologies
* Experience working with and tuning high volume web applications a strong plus
* Java experience including but not limited to Spring Dependency Injection and other core Spring features, APM tools like (DynaTrace, Splunk, Librato), UML modeling
* An Object Oriented philosopher with experience understanding and applying OO design patterns
* Outstanding written, oral, and presentation communications skills with peers and all levels of management
* Takes an accountable, responsible and measured approach when faced with critical and time-sensitive issues
* Proven ability to persuade, influence and lead others, while establishing credibility and trust
* Ability to read, write and interpret complex technical documents; communicating technical concepts to business partners of all experience levels
* Experience leading collaborative decision making working sessions
* Advanced mathematical functions and analytical skills
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
* Strong estimating and planning skills
* Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
* This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting, hearing, and talking.
* May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
* May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
* Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse.
* May be a need to move or lift items under 10 pounds.
* Passionate advocate of TDD practices a strong plus
* Good understanding of implementing responsive design techniques
* Demonstrated understanding of a mobile-first approach
* Passion for managing continuous optimizations/enhancements to increase robustness
* Strong leadership skills to drive initiatives and engage others in the team
* Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.