Under direction of the Program Manager, the Technical Lead (TL) will be responsible for providing leadership to the customer on research and development initiatives related to distributed ledger technologies (DLT) and blockchain technologies.
The TL will be responsible for identifying relevant technologies, ideas, and concepts in these technical areas as they are applicable to defense logistics and supply chains. The TL will evaluate and provide recommendations on strategies and processes for integrating DLT to business policies, processes, controls, systems, data, and human capital. The TL will research and provide recommendations on developing transformation strategies and opportunities to implement these technologies at defense agency sites associated with logistics management, supply commands, and service providers. The TL will research and provide recommendations on issues associated with these technologies and processes to ensure feasibility.
The TL will provide leadership to the customer based on contract goals and customer or company policy. The TL will track tasks to achieve project goals and objectives. Work will be reviewed in terms of meeting contract objectives and schedules.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Under direction of the Program Manager, the TL will work with the research and development team to design and deliver DLT and blockchain products that meet the needs of the customer's enterprise users and third-party developers. This will involve developing long-term business strategies for supply chain management, planning across key programs aligned with the customer's strategic objectives, and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders.
* The TL will lead the conceptual and technical development of new DLT initiatives and projects, promote DLT product perspectives within various teams, and facilitate stakeholder support to drive toward a common objective.
* The TL will also be responsible for collecting and assimilating information from customer feedback while conducting DLT demos. The TL will also develop plans to continuously improve metrics.
* Process of recommending DLT technical requirements for overall functionality, new initiatives and other enhancements. This will involve providing education and developing awareness of DLT across key customer stakeholder groups and organizing events and meetings about the latest trends in blockchain and DLT.
* Responsible for researching and analyzing the strategic direction and requirements of key customer programs to determine how DLT can best align itself with service partners for all current and future enterprise needs.
* The TL will need to collaborate with various stakeholders to lead the design and definition of DLT product features and to support implementation and execution. This will involve establishing shared vision for the customer by building consensus on shared priorities leading to large-scale, cross-functional DLT prototypes.
* The TL will also be responsible for defining project objectives, overseeing individual DLT prototyping projects to ensure goals and objectives are maintained through development, measuring product functionality and user acceptance - determining success, failure, and future improvements.
* The TL will work with quality assurance teams propose solutions or alternative routes for DLT product development, and make product recommendations to leadership through presentations or written reports. The TL will perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in related field plus 8 years or Master's plus 5 years of related experience. At least 5 years project management experience.
In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 15 years applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology or labor market shortages as reflected by
market survey data.
Must have blockchain industry experience and minimum of 10 years of combined experience with software development and product or project management.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
Strong customer service orientation.
Effective organization skills.
Functional knowledge of public key cryptography and basic cryptographic concepts.
Insight and relationships within distributed ledger technology industries.
Experience in developing strategic plans and the ability to develop innovative service solutions through market research to meet the current and future needs of agency stakeholders.
Ability to work across functional divisions.
Deep understanding of all aspects of software design with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility
Experience working with multiple stakeholders (developers, designers, customers, vendors, management)
Experience managing Agile/Scrum teams to deliver high quality technology solutions
Demonstrated ability to work closely/partner with developers
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and teams - work prioritization, planning and task delegation
Proven track record of helping lead DLT solutions, demonstrating strong mix of business, technical and product knowledge executed in a consultative style
Current understanding of overall DoD direction in DLT, including changes in DoD requirements or other relevant guidance
Experience with public and permissioned blockchains
Web and mobile development experience
Front-end web developer skills with HTML, CSS, JS
Experience with full-stack web development
API Development and integration experience
DLT ecosystem knowledge of libraries and tools
A security clearance of an appropriate level may be required after employment.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information
U.S. Citizenship Required.