Vitech Systems Group
Position: Technical Infrastructure Lead
Location: New York, NY
Vitech Systems Group is a leading provider of group administration software to the insurance, retirement and investment industries. The V3 System serves many of the world's premier investment organizations with a combined $2 trillion in assets under management, and benefits clients servicing over 25,000,000 members.
Our mission is to help organizations improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their operations while increasing service levels and broadening service offerings. We do this via the V3 System, our enterprise software platform that addresses a broad array of administration requirements and includes native workflow, imaging, CRM and self-service capabilities.
Our clients are seeking out a competitive edge through technology and solutions, and they rely on our team of industry domain and technical experts to design and deliver it. Here's your chance to join a dynamic, global team of technology and domain subject matter experts, developers, quality assurance experts and business analysts who are helping shape the future of technology.
Vitech currently has over 900 employees with offices and clients throughout the world. We are proud to share that Vitech has been in continuous, profitable operations for over 20 years. We offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits program to ensure employees' health, well-being and financial security.
Visit us on the web at: www.vitechinc.com
We are seeking a Technical Infrastructure Lead to join our expanding infrastructure and cloud hosting team based in New York City.
The Technical Infrastructure Lead is a hands-on person responsible for managing the installation and configuration of hardware and software platforms to be deployed at our client's facilities and in our hosting environment. The hardware and software platforms support the run-time environment for V3.
The installations may include storage devices, backup devices, networking equipment and related 3rd-party software.
* Manage and lead technical infrastructure projects in support of our V3 solution implementations
* Facilitate technical meetings with technical team members from our organization, our client and 3rd-party hosting companies.
* Create and manage project plans using MS Project
* Create Statements of Work (SOW) to guide projects
* Create hardware/software proposals to support the implementation of our core software product
* Present hardware/software proposals to CIOs and CTOs
* Understand and communicate hardware and software specifications
* Support service level agreements and software performance benchmarking
* Work with and communicate to CIOs and CTOs during and after the implementation
* Provide project status and updates to senior team members and relevant stakeholders in a timely manner
* Document and distribute meeting minutes
* Work with and communicate to CIOs and CTOs before, during and after the implementation
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Strong leadership, communication and project management skills.
* Extremely knowledgeable with MS Word, Excel, Visio, and MS Project
* Basic knowledge of browser-based n-tier systems
* Understanding of network concepts and experience implementing Cisco Firewalls and Cisco Switches
* Experience implementing security focused solutions at all layers of the technology stack
* Understanding and experience implementing storage solutions including SAN and NAS
* Experience implementing operating system technologies that include VMWare, Windows and Linux
* Experience implementing Oracle database products.
* Experience implementing Oracle WebLogic
* Experience implementing Red Hat Linux and Oracle Linux
* Experience implementing monitoring tools like Solarwinds, Oracle Enterprise Manager.
* Experience working with AWS (preferred)
* Strong technical project management skills
* Occasional travel is required.
* The candidate should possess at least 5 years of experience implementing hardware and software systems.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
Nice to Have:
* Experience working with hosted solutions and operational support models for hosted applications.
* Understanding of 3rd-party software licensing models a plus.
Vitech Systems Group is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
About Vitech Systems Group
Vitech Systems Group is a company that provides financial and benefit administration software.
Vitech Systems Group