Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
We are looking for a results-oriented technology leader with a strong track record of delivering technology solutions. The Advisor Services Technology (AST) group provides a broad-ranging suite of applications to Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs) and Schwab operational users and we are looking for an architect to deliver solutions as well as provide technology direction to several offshore teams. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in software engineering practices, architecture and design, and delivery in a fast-paced, agile environment.
What you'll do:
The primary responsibility of this role is to provide technology direction to several development teams as well as work with our full-time employees & offshore vendors to ensure delivery of high-quality solutions. This individual will be responsible for helping our offshore teams understand and align with both AST and Schwab Technology Services (STS) technology strategy as well as providing direction and feedback to the teams to drive high-quality technology delivery. This role requires a detail-oriented technologist with the ability to both deliver architecture solutions as well as get into the code. The ability to mentor developers and help them understand engineering and design practices is a must.
In this role, you will:
* Provide technology direction to development teams ensuring alignment to both AST and STS technology strategies
* Participate in/Lead solution architecture and design including producing documentation, garnering consensus, and communicating direction
* Actively participate as a member of the broader AST architecture community to develop and understand the overall AST technology direction
* Support solutions developed across AST through collaboration, reviews, and governance
* Support agile teams throughout delivery
* Mentor and coach the engineering staff software design and development practices
* Provide hands on expert level assistance to developers for technical issues.
* Execute POCs using emerging technologies and cloud solutions to solve business problems
What you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline plus the following Required Skills:
* A software engineering background is required, preferably with 10+ years of development experience working on distributed platforms
* Deep, and current development expertise in 1 or more development languages (Java or .Net preferred)
* Experience architecting and/or developing cloud native (12-Factor) applications and infrastructure patterns
* Knowledge of one or more PaaS platforms (Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services)
* Experience with Big Data platforms - Hadoop, Spark, Kafka
* Strong knowledge of REST and web services
* Broad knowledge of the web technology space: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.
* Strong understanding of design and integration patterns
* Strong understanding of software development practices and the ability to help development teams refine and improve their engineering practices
* Knowledge of CI/CD practices and tools, preferably with practical experience in helping teams establish automated test and delivery pipelines (Atlassian tool suite preferred)
* Understanding of, and the desire to work in, an Agile development methodology
* Demonstrated ability to document and communicate technical direction to a broad audience
* Ability to coach, mentor, and provide direct, timely feedback
* Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
* Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team
* The ability to step in and code to drive a solution that your engineers can build upon
* Experience with Informatica or other data transformation tools
* Understanding of data concepts including relational databases, NoSQL databases, and caching
* Experience with Test-driven Development (TDD)
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: Yes Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs Position Located In: CO - Lone Tree Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Friday, May 24, 2019
Expiration Date: Friday, August 16, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a savings and loan holding company providing wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, asset management, custody, and financial advisory services.