Ignite your future: your opportunity
We are looking for an experienced Solution Architect (Director Level) within the Charles Schwab's Digital Services enterprise that is responsible for defining and developing the digital strategy, offers, and experiences to drive the growth and loyalty of existing and prospective clients and accelerate Schwab's digital transformation. You will be responsible for design and architecture guidance across Schwab's suite of digital solutions and transform the way we work. You'll work closely with other technologists to define the digital strategy for the firm. You'll be a part of Schwab's Application Architecture team: A group of thought leaders responsible for Technology strategy (Mobile, Web, Data, Cloud, etc.).
Other duties include:
* Leading design discussions and mentoring engineers on proper platform and application solutions
* Publishing and presenting to technology leaders and business executives
* Providing thought leadership around technical solutions
* Collaborate with other technologists on creating cross-domain solutions
* Review, comment and contribute to the firm's overall technology strategy.
* You will be part of the Digital Services team at Schwab, focused on improving the Advisor Services Journey for our clients. The Digital Solution Architect will focus on driving client-centricity, reducing time to market & increasing efficiency. The model is insights-driven and focuses on rapid iterations to drive innovation and transformation. Ideal candidates enjoy fast-paced environments, thrive under ambiguity and drive change passionately. This is a unique opportunity to grow and transform our business through driving significant step-change in our time to market, building more integrated client-centric experiences, and enabling project success via cross-functional coordination and ownership.
Unleash your talents: what you're good at
The Solution Architect works as team member alongside the Product Leads, Technical Leads and other supporting team members to deliver a complete solution. This is an opportunity to be a part of a cutting edge team respected for the products they produce and building products that clients love. Their role within SDLC:
* Solution Ideation
* Assist business in the scoping and planning of upcoming projects
* Solution Architecture and Design
* Participate/Lead in producing the solutions conceptual architecture and associated artifacts
* Develop logical architecture of solution components based on conceptual architecture/design
* Advice/Mentor on Technical and Functional Design
* Provide advice and guidance to team leads regarding technical and functional design decisions
* Curator of Guiding Principles in alignment with EA Principles
* Curator of standards and best practices
* Consultative on larger strategy
* Owns the end to end solution design and architecture for the digital domain
* Collaborates with EA and SAs from other domain to design/deliver larger scoped initiatives
* Additionally you will,
* Lead architecture vision of the new digital experience solutions to ensure consistency with overall enterprise architecture
* Guide project teams on technology strategy; works closely with the rest of the team to create a modular and scalable solution that addresses future architectural changes and designs
* Drives the teams in engineering practices in test driven development, continuous integration, and automated deployment
* Mentors and coach technical teams, specifically with code reviews
* Be hands-on and engage in coding to help the team to develop the solution and solve all surfacing problems at hand
* Identifies and removes technical impediments
* Works with Product Owner to align the roadmap with strengths and opportunities within the technical stack
* Provides the team a roadmap for implementing software engineering practices for higher code quality
* Partner with Product Owner as an Architect Owner (responsible for the architecture and NFR) for building reusable and scalable components
Engage your expertise: what you'll have
* Deep knowledge of one or more languages: C#, or Java.
* Lead experience in application development (Java or .Net)
* Deep knowledge and experience with server side .NET or Java.
* Ability to drive through influence ideal solution strategy with agility and leadership qualities which engineers recognize and respect
* Ability to work on cross channel integrations
* Experience with relational databases, HTTP and domain driven design
* Experience with microservice architectures
* Knowledge of the enterprise technology space: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends (hybrid and native)
* Deep knowledge of MongoDB database design, data design and comparison to relational databases
* Deep knowledge of API (REST, SOAP), API Management and building scalable and high performance Web APIs.
* Experience developing strategies for versioning, partial response (providing only the data elements needed by calling application), pagination (make it easy for developers to paginate objects in a database), and mediating over legacy services to provide more ideal interfaces to mobile development teams
* Securing APIs and experience developing services that are identified by both consuming application and end-users and securing services across both constructs with OAuth, SAML, Two-Factor or Custom Authentication Schemes (mobile security)
* Experience in Agile work environments.
* Strong presentation and communication skills.
* A software engineering background preferred.
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a savings and loan holding company providing wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, asset management, custody, and financial advisory services.