Req ID: 50169
At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company's growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
We are currently hiring a Technical Delivery Manager to join our team in Dallas, TX.
The Technical Delivery Manager is responsible for leading the delivery of medium and large, strategic, and complex technology implementation projects. You will help to ensure that technical solutions are delivered effectively, aligned to our business and technology roadmaps and strategy, and that they deliver maximum value to our internal and external customers. The Technical Delivery Manager reports to the Manager of Technical Delivery and interfaces directly with a business-led PMO organization to deliver technically viable and robust solutions. The Technical Delivery Manager leads the day-to-day operation of cross-functional project teams comprised of technology resources with a focus on implementation quality in a high-performance culture
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
* Support the delivery of our technology transformation strategy in order to meet organizational goals and objectives, and to improve the quality of service delivered to business users and customers
* Manage cross-functional delivery teams of indirect reports comprised of business analysts, quality analysts, developers, and other technical team leaders and specialists in order to promote a culture of innovation and accountability
* Work directly with Project Managers from the business to coordinate the delivery of technology scope items in support of the over-arching project objective
* Liaise with functional architects, solution architects, technical teams (developers and analysts), and leadership employed by our company or in partnership with a systems integration partner
* Coordinate with BA, Development, and Quality teams across multiple programs and SI partners to ensure timeliness of deliverables
* Manage technical dependencies and roadblocks
* Coordinate with project team members and partners to ensure the right resources are working on the right tasks at the right time, with clear expectations of milestones and goals
* Lead project teams through problem-solving by organizing, managing, and contributing to war rooms, defect triage, and general trouble-shooting calls and meetings
* Manage/lead the definition of user stories and the product backlog
* Understand user requirements and ensure that solutions are delivered consistently with high quality
* Work with product owners to prioritize requirements and schedule them for release across multiple phases and sprints
* Work with key stakeholders to develop estimates for technology implementation
* Coordinate the availability and use of multiple lower environments with multiple development work streams converging into a single path-to-production
Leadership & Management:
* Lead and develop high performing teams, supporting Agile/Hybrid Waterfall working practices
* Use Agile/Hybrid Waterfall methodologies to maintain a strong focus on delivery priorities, accountable for delivery of projects, and swiftly responding to changing requirements
* Promote resilience and responsiveness in the organization by being open and honest about challenges, and the actions required to address unexpected developments
* Identify, manage and seek to resolve technical risks and issues against business requirements, and drive troubleshooting sessions
* Understand the various phases of the software delivery lifecycle including defining requirements, development, testing, and configuration management. Use your understanding of these processes to improve process throughput by recommending process changes
* Gather and report detailed performance data against key indicators, to generate actionable improvements to the quality of service offered
* Mentor project team members on the consistent use of methods and approaches designed to increase velocity and reduce defects
* Keep up-to-date with the latest technology and software development methodologies
* Minimum of 5 years of Technical Project/Delivery Management experience
* Minimum of 5 years of Project Management (Agile Methodology)
* Minimum of 5 years of Project Management (Waterfall Methodology)
Desired Skills and Abilities:
* Previous experience working as a software developer or systems engineer is preferred
* Previous experience working in post-production software support is strongly preferred
* Must possess a combination of technical depth, project management, and stakeholder management skills
* Self-sufficiency in problem-solving and knowledge acquisition from resources throughout the company
* PMP Certification Required; SAFe Certified SCRUM Master certification preferred
* Expert project management, expectation management, and negotiating skills
* Process/workflow analysis and use case documentation, including cost/benefit and break-even analysis
* Effective at motivating a team of indirect reports
* Solid understanding of business fundamentals, such as capital budgeting, human resource planning across a large organization, and finance and operations
* Superb organizational and communications skills
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 118,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 88 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit nttdataservices.com to learn more.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the "Company") is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.