The Data Analyst will be a critical member of a project team responsible executing our client's Data Strategy and implement business critical architecture. Specifically, the Data Analyst will be responsible for working with the business to analyses requirements and then working with the Development teams to ensure effective data solutions are being built and deployed,
The ideal candidate has strong experience and knowledge of data warehousing and business analysis skills. They should be detail oriented and effective in working in a fast-paced environment while meeting short-term deadlines.
Technology is central to our success and key to maintaining our competitive edge.
* Analyze and capture detailed business and technical requirements focused on delivering enterprise reporting and/or analytic solutions.
* Using data discovery and profiling methodology to perform source data model analysis, target data model analysis and the associated data movement throughout the various systems.
* Capture business rules/transformation, meta data descriptions and definitions for the Data Dictionary and Source-to-Target Mapping artifacts.
* Create and own the necessary project deliverable templates and artifacts - primarily the business requirements document, reporting catalog and the source-to-target mappings.
* Collaborate to design and develop data warehouse and enterprise reporting platform.
* Work with QA and the solution owners to help develop test plans, test cases and perform testing on the data warehouse.
* Assist in addressing end user questions or resolving issues in the post-deployment production environment.
* 5+ years experience working on data management, data warehouse and/or data analysis projects.
* 3+ years experience working on data related roles within Asset Management or Fixed Income Investment industry.
* Strong understanding of data warehousing, data mapping, relational and multi-dimensional modeling, ETL and databases.
* Strong business analysis experience to capture data and reporting requirements and able to translate to technical specifications for source-to-target design and development.
* Extensive hands-on experience with SQL, stored procedures and ad-hoc query development.
* Extensive experience in data warehouse projects, data visualization tools and/or Business Intelligence (BI) platforms across the entire SDLC.
* Experience in developing and/or supporting accounting, finance or investment management systems
* Experience in SQL Server, Tableau, MicroStrategy, Markit EDM/EDMW desirable.
Who We Are
ThoughtFocus is a privately held IT services, software engineering and business process management firm with offices in the US, India and the Philippines. It helps clients in the financial services, manufacturing, education, aerospace and technology industries with their key business and technology challenges. ThoughtFocus brings critical program acceleration to client initiatives while minimizing costs and risks with intellectual capital, technical and process frameworks, operating models and software infrastructure.
We have 1,800+ professionals globally and are growing rapidly across all office locations. In the US, ThoughtFocus has offices in California, New York, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Georgia and Texas. As an organization, ThoughtFocus strives to build lasting relationships. ThoughtFocus was founded in 2004 and continues to be an employee-owned company with a minority investment from the Blackstone Group.
Affirmative Action Statement
ThoughtFocus adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.