Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS' fund administration software solutions and services cover the full range of a firm functions, from investment risk and valuation management to investor reporting, from reconciliation and operations to market data, and all points in between.
What you will be doing
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked or Internet-related computer programs. (Code must be used in core version of applications available for sale commercially.)
* Interacts with product managers and/or users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
* Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements.
* Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
* Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications using current programming languages and technologies.
* Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
* Trains and communicates with internal Client Training, Client Relationship and Sales teams on systems application.
* May be responsible for developing or executing project plans, budgets and schedules and for documenting work and results.
* May deliver informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups to internal and/or external audiences.
What you bring:
A Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, computer science or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Knowledge of FIS products and services; in-depth knowledge of products and services in assigned line(s) of business
* Knowledge of financial services industry
* Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, e.g., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
* Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry , e.g., ISO, CMM, Six Sigma
* Knowledge of banking practices, regulations and operations within assigned line(s) of business
* In-depth understanding of design patterns and their application
* Fluency in developing and understanding sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
* Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
* Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
* Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
* Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
* Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
* Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach
* May require in-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management and related infrastructure technologies and practices
Bonus if you have:
* Ideally brings experience with Windows Full Stack Development (C#)
* Visual Studio skills would be ideal
* Financial Accounting exposure would be preferable
What we offer you
* A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
* A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
* A competitive salary and benefits
* A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities