Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for business and professionals. Thomson Reuters combines industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers.
As the world's leading provider of intelligent information, we want your unique perspective to create the solutions that advance our business-and your career.
Bring your passion for innovation and together we'll make a difference!
* Meet with the customer's subject matter experts to attain a thorough understanding of the contractual requirements to be addressed by modules related to Valuation, Appeals, Public Access, Property Tax and Assessment Administration:
* Valuation: Real Property Appraisal, Personal Property Appraisal, Case Management, Business Revenue, and Public Access.
* Property Tax: Assessment Administration, Records, Levy Management, Special Assessments, Tax Billing, Cashiering, Accounts Receivables, Tax Accounting, Distribution, Delinquents, and Tax Sale
* Work with the Thomson Reuters data conversion team to assure that data from the customer's current system is properly populated to the new database.
* Collaborate with the customer to configure the system for maximum process efficiency.
* Recommend process changes that will produce maximum software benefits to the customer.
* Facilitate application training sessions.
* Compose documentation to address newly added or modified functionality.
* Triage customer-reported defects throughout the implementation.
* Work with other Thomson Reuters departments (Development, QA, Project Management) in an agile process to bring products to market.
* Be available for business travel up to 50 percent of the time.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Leads data mapping exercises with customers and implementation engineering teams to translate data from source system into standard import table layouts.
* Works with implementation engineering to ensure data is imported correctly. Provides quality assurance for imported data using validation scripts and regression testing.
* Leads functional workshops to fit customer requirements to existing product functionality. Identifies areas of needed configuration, application change or customer business process change.
* Documents and presents functional requirements to customers and solicits feedback.
* Customizes and configures applications to agreed specifications or provides recommendations for this.
* Designs, develops and documents workbooks, spreadsheets and associated deliverables within forecast time-scales and budgets agreed with customers.
* Supports other team members with analytic activities, including assisting with the development and execution of test plans.
* Provides market or business information from the field to appropriate Marketing and Product Management groups to assist product development.
* Trains end users and customer development staff in the functionality of products, participating in the development of training and eLearning tools.
* Other Technical Consultants
* Product team
* Engineering team
* QA team
* Support team
* Customer subject matter experts (requirements and functionality)
* Customer technical staff (conversion)
* Third party contractors (conversion)
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies: As described below.
* Verbal and written communications - The Technical Consultant must be able to communicate complex ideas to business and technical staff in both written and verbal form. These communications may be with the customer, co-workers, or third parties.
* Customer relations - The Technical Consultant must maintain an effective working relationship with customers.
* Process analysis - The Technical Consultant must be able to understand the purpose and flow of the customer's existing processes in order to facilitate the most advantageous combination of software configuration and customer workflow. Past real or personal property appraisal experience will be vitally important in performing this job function.
* Time management - The Technical Consultant must be able to correctly prioritize work and exert the discipline to address the highest priority tasks first.
* Common business applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and One Note
* Database tools such as SQL Server, T-SQL, Access, and Oracle
* Other tools such as Visio, Crystal Reports, desktop sharing applications and electronic document management systems.
A four year college degree with a major related to computing, business, real estate, or management is strongly preferred. Primary direct experience includes working in a governmental tax office (assessor/appraiser, treasurer/collector, auditor, clerk/recorder) or a similar non-governmental position. Other pertinent experience includes software implementation, technology consulting, customer relations, technical writing, business analysis, and teaching. Related professional certification is important but not required.
Important Personal Characteristics:
* Integrity - To a great extent, a customer's perception of the company's value system is formed by the behaviors demonstrated by the Technical Consultant. Thomson Reuters' employees must model high ethical standards.
* Collaborative mind set - Our implementation teams are just that - teams. They often meet to discuss options and coordinate efforts. The Technical Consultant must be able to consider team recommendations with an open mind and assist others when necessary.
* Self-starter - Since Technical Consultants are normally home-based rather than office-based, a strong capacity to work with minimal supervision is crucial.
* Organized, detail-minded - The Technical Consultant must be able to design and execute activities necessary to achieve project objectives for which he or she is responsible.
* Positive attitude - Project work may be hectic, confusing, contradictory, even contentious. The Technical Consultant must be able to maintain a positive, results oriented attitude with customers and co-workers.
* Leadership - The Technical Consultant must exercise effective leadership skills to deliver a successful project implementation.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Req #: JREQ119475
Locations: Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Job Function: Professional & Consulting Services