What you'll be doing...
As a Technical Business Development Manager, you will be an integral part of a talented team collaborating with our partners and clients on their Digital Transformation. The Business Development Manager is a high-impact role working closely with our partners, account teams and customers to identify and qualify opportunities and design solutions to address customer business challenges.
In this role, the Business Development Manager will be among our highest individual contributor roles and have a special focus on developing our business with Versa Networks.
* Drive expansion of our ecosystem of Global strategic partners. The Business Development team will execute a strategy across Verizon's key System Integrators, Software Partners, and Fortune 1000 business clients in close collaboration with the field sales organization and key constituents.
* Engage with key contacts at Versa to develop and drive programs and behaviors to the benefit of our customers. You will coordinate activities to enable Versa to understand the technical capabilities and value proposition of Verizon services. You will engage in development and training activities for yourself, the sales organization and others to bring Versa capabilities to the forefront of Verizon SDN and security solutions.
* Support overall strategy for key alliances and target pursuit partners.
* Be accountable for revenue targets with clear linkage to Verizon Product and Services.
* Work with account leaders, regional business development leaders, and architects to develop and implement key alliance partnership strategies and plans.
* Establish technology frameworks and best practices to maximize value added to projects.
* Improve customer satisfaction and strengthen business partnerships/credibility by assisting with the consistent, timely and quality delivery of agreed upon business and technical deliverables within prescribed budgets.
* Communicate regularly and with transparency around the health and status of Alliance driven technology projects.
* Establish agreements, incentives, partner enablement, and measures of success.
* Create collateral and other assets, leveraging company resources, to support business development and partner enablement.
* Manage business development function, lead generation, sales stages, and program management.
* Set measurable goals and achieve results in a data driven manner.
* Establish go to market and strong collaboration with field sales organization.
* Engage in the most complex and challenging solutions and projects under the purview of the Network Advanced Technology Team.
* Travel to customer sites, partner locations, conferences, and other related events as required.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Three or more years' experience with SDWAN and security products and services.
* Five or more years' experience with key capabilities of similar companies and technologies.
* Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
* Master's in business or technology field.
* Ten or more years' experience as a technical sales engineer in an IT infrastructure environment or equivalent experience in a Client-facing or IT staff role (including working as a member of a professional services or IT engineering team).
* Knowledge and comprehension of key solution objectives in regards to business outcomes, value proposition, total cost of ownership, return on investment, process improvement, etc.
* Certifications in relevant industry technologies.
* Client-facing experience with internal and external audiences at all levels of management.
* Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions.
* Experience architecting IT infrastructure for scalable, distributed systems.
* Subject Matter Expertise & certifications in Software Defined Networks, Cloud, Security or Unified Communications.
* Design and experience in networking, applications and security.
* Large scale outsourcing/out-tasking experience.
* Strong industry relationships with system integrators, SP and other industry related firms.
* Strong technical acumen in the SDWAN, next-generation firewall, and unified threat management markets.
* Knowledge of Versa Networks software.
* Exceptional communication skills, including executive level communications and experience creating proposals, design summaries and presentations.
* Experiencein managing revenue-generating and cost-management initiatives in large organizations.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.