Provides in-depth technical expertise & direction in the development and support of client area application systems/programming requirements and processes (e.g. new, enhancements or maintenance), in the preparation of application system specifications, and in the development, testing, and implementation of efficient, cost effective application solutions.
* Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
* Serve as technical expert or lead projects/programs and technical staff to develop, test and implement significant new products, or operational improvements or devise new approaches to problems at the division/business unit.
* Conduct investigation activity/research and give technical advice to the adoption or integration of new technologies and their business impact.
* Lead in the development of standards and procedures and publish/communicate findings via IOI's, presentations, white papers, etc. Review, validate & enhance design, conduct performance monitoring and capacity planning; install, test and upgrade releases and associated products.
* Evaluate & recommend new software, utilities, and tools.
* Set the strategy for implementing new technologies.
* In specialized systems (ie. SAP) effectively set options to change the way the program works (configuration responsibilities).
* Accountable for total project scope, budget, completion within budget constraints and schedules completion date. Accountable for successful and timely completion of all tasks/projects under direct and matrix control.
* Post completion audit of project after implementation to verify expected benefits vs. costs, both development and operating. Project success is critical to the continued business success of the corporation.
* Four-year degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer engineering.
* Equivalent experience is defined as six years combined experience in the above areas.
* 5-8 years of combined experience in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer engineering
(in addition to equivalent experience listed above, if applicable).
* Travel: No
* Job Type: Experienced
* Schedule: Full-time
AbbVie is a pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and markets both biopharmaceuticals and small molecule drugs.