Based on strategic direction provided, works independently collaborating with IT and business constituents to evolve enterprise reporting's value to the business. Utilizes experience with operational and financial analytics as well as business knowledge to guide the organization in defining requirements and translating those requirements for the technical resources. Also helps define strategic direction on key analytics that provide value to the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* The ideal candidate would have a minimum of (5) years' related (see below) experience including work with business intelligence and enterprise data projects.
* Spearhead requirements gathering sessions with both technical and business users to define requirements and clearly articulate technical and functional specifications for enterprise reporting needs.
* Experienced at mining, extracting, profiling, evaluating and validating enterprise data from varied data repositories.
* Experience with various operational, financial, analytical, predictive, metric and KPI analytics.
* Mentors other analysts on business intelligence content, uses, business value, etc.
* Extensive knowledge of data visualization techniques and tools for analyzing and presenting meaningful enterprise information.
* Significant role in facilitation and support of data quality across the enterprise which includes assisting with testing and validating data quality tools.
* Coach and mentor other analysts on drafting source to target, transformations and other ETL requirement documentation.
* Experienced in standard IT development methodologies and tools and able to lead other analysts on how to implement/execute IT methodologies.
* Advocates principles and practices of data governance.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Expert level knowledge of data visualization techniques using a variety of tools like MicroStrategy, SQL Server Report Services (SSRS), Excel, Access or other premier enterprise reporting software.
* Advanced knowledge of data models or constructs and enterprise data architecture/infrastructure (e.g. relational, hierarchical, star schema, flat, ISAM, etc.).
* Ability to understand and analyze enterprise data architecture and infrastructure.
* SQL Server (preferred) or similar database platform experience including strong SQL skills and the ability to read stored procedures is a must.
* Experience with multiple data sources including ERP systems, HR systems, Financial Reporting platforms, etc.
* Advanced computer aptitude, particularly with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and ERP applications.
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills - able to communicate complex data and reporting concepts in a clear and concise manner.
* Ability to convey complex technology in digestible business terminology for non-technical associates.
* Displays influential interpersonal skills with internal and external contacts.
* High degree of initiative and handling tasks with minimal supervision or questions.
* Advanced facilitation skills with the ability to drive issues to closure.
* Exercises advanced level of professionalism, judgment, and discretion.
* Advanced ability to collaborate with high degree of initiative.
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Information Management, related field or equivalent experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY:
The work environment and physical activity described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is in an office setting and generally sedentary with physical effort associated with using a computer, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
* May be required to occasionally lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 25 pounds.
* Work station set up requires ability squat, kneel, crawl, reach and twist torso.
* Job Family IT
* Pay Type Salary
* Denver Admin Office - 7595 Technology Way (80237), Denver, Colorado, United States of America