The Technical Business Analyst position is responsible for a full range of activities related to the planning, design, testing, and deployment of software development, analytic, and BI projects that support Globe Direct Response Marketing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Utilize various techniques to elicit and define business requirements, user-stories, functional and non-functional technical requirements, acceptance criteria, and report specifications (via diagrams, documents, gap analysis, and/or user stories).
* Ensure the application of the correct technology to solve business problems in the most efficient and appropriate manner
* Should be able to work independently in an agile environment
* Serves as project subject matter expert through all stages of the project.
* Collaborate with developers and other subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
* Review and evaluate requirements to ensure the successful communication of business needs throughout a project.
* Understand and perform logical queries to facilitate calculations, reporting, and complex formulas, applying the appropriate level of analysis for the task.
* Identify, recommend, and implement standardization and industry best practices.
* Strictly adhere to the department's SDLC process throughout all facets of the project.
* Develop and monitor QA/UAT testing to validate that the delivered solution meets the business needs specified within the requirements.
* Analyzes, troubleshoots, and helps resolve issues during testing and implementation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Experience working in Agile/Scrum teams
* Experience with different project management methodologies.
* Utilize "big picture" thinking and understanding to business processes, systems, and designs.
* Inquisitive and detailed perspective is required.
* Working knowledge of various SDLC process and methodologies.
* Basic programming knowledge is a plus
* Strong organizational, time-management, and time-management skills
* Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills.
* Able to overcome project obstacles and escalate when appropriate
* Ability to evaluate and consider multiple perspectives, in order to define a solution that takes into account the many layers of a system from the user interface down to the data layers.
* 4+ years of experience performing technical business analysis
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
* Strong SQL skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication required
* Experience writing process flows and requirements documents.
* Proven experience in engaging in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
* Strong demonstration of the skills to align business needs with IT capabilities required
* Life insurance, Direct Marketing background and experience preferred.
About Torchmark Corporation
Torchmark Corporation provides various life and health insurance products, and annuities in the United States, Canada, and New Zealand.