Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Technical Assistant II (TA) is responsible for overseeing all incoming and outgoing media to and from clients as well as outsourced vendors. TA's are responsible for tracking and managing all digital information through the CG pipeline. Serves as the liaison for digital resources and data pipeline information between Production, CG Supervisors, Artists, and Technical Support Staff.
* Responsible for loading of all incoming scans and digital deliveries from an outside post facility and on-set artists and supervisors.
* Responsible for the output of all hi-res images for digital delivery to client.
* Use proprietary tools to convert files and apply look up tables
* Ensure that files are converted and loaded properly by consulting with Color Science team.
* Clearly communicating any issues or problems with deliverables to production.
* Responsible for managing, tracking and reviewing all work sent out to and received by third party partners and shows and communicating any information to appropriate parties as it relates to this process.
* Package up and QC assets as requested by clients
* Unpacking and integration of deliverables back into the ILM pipeline.
* Interacting with Show Supervisors, Production Engineering, and CG Artists as needed to ensure smooth flow of data in and out of the studio.
* Transcoding of file formats and monitoring of file transfers to and from various sources.
* Assisting with distribution, debugging, and processing of work coming back
* Collaborating closely with Production Assistant/Coordinator in charge of communicating with External Vendors.
* To ensure images or assets are maintained within ILM's current security standards.
* To notify management of any security breaches or misuse of company or client assets.
* Communicating directly with key production, artistic and support personnel internally.
* Communicating directly with third-party partners when needed. Communication is preferably handled through the shows' Production.
* Documentation and dissemination of current operating procedures.
* Timely reporting of equipment or system failures to the engineering staff
* Understand and work within ILM coding standards and provide proper documentation for any tools created.
* Provide training and assistance to new co-workers on toolsets and workflows
Education / Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Film Production or equivalent degree.
* 1-2 years relevant work experience
Required Skills / Technical Competencies
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with diverse personalities.
* Proven ability and experience working well on teams.
* Strong time management skills; Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
* Aesthetic eye and/or artistic background highly desired.
* Familiarity with film and video post-production and/or computer graphics techniques highly desired.
* Proven ability to work autonomously and in team settings.
* Highly motivated.
* Strong problem solving skills
* Ability to adapt to a high pressure, fast-paced, dynamic environment
* Ability to work shift hours as required
* High technical quality control
* To have a strong work ethic with dedicated and high customer service.
* Proven Knowledge of and experience with Mac, Linux & Windows operating systems.
* Strong scripting language (e.g. Python, Perl) and programming language (e.g. C/C++, Java) is a must.
* Knowledge of, and experience with, 3D animation software (e.g. Maya) highly desired.
* Database knowledge preferred (e.g. Oracle, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra)
* Knowledge of networking, tape backup systems, hardware a plus
* VFX, Feature Animation or Episodic production experience a plus