Who We Are:
Waukegan Community Unit School District No. 60 serves nearly 17,000 students in preschool through grade 12 and is located halfway between Chicago, Illinois and Milwaukee, Wisconsin on the shores of Lake Michigan. Our District has one early learning center, 15 elementary schools, five middle schools and a high school program divided between two 9 - 12th grade campuses. The District encompasses portions of Waukegan, Beach Park and Park City.
Why We Do This Work:
The Waukegan Community Unit School District No. 60 has set an ambitious agenda for change, guided by the belief that all children, regardless of circumstances, can achieve at high levels and academic gaps can and will be eliminated with the support of teachers who deliver engaging, relevant, and academically rigorous instruction that excites students and instills a love of learning in them.
The Technical Assistant to Systems/Service Manager is directly responsible to the Systems/Service Manager and indirectly responsible to the Associate Superintendent of Information Technology Services.
Location: Lincoln Center
* To assist in the design, implementation, and maintenance of core district server and data systems;
* To act as a liaison between the public and the school system and in so doing, promote the positive image of the total school system;
* To promote educational enterprise through service to teachers, students, public and administrators
* To assist with the management of the school system's G suite domain;
* Submit completed work request forms for equipment history database;
* Assist with scheduling, distribution and installation of computer equipment and software;
* Provide computer related assistance at locations as designated by the Systems/Service Manager, and/or the Associate Superintendent of Information Technology Services;
* Assist computer assistants in operating computer equipment and software including e-mail/network access;
* Assist in maintaining an inventory of all computer equipment and software in the district;
* Recommend purchases of computer equipment and supplies to the Systems/Service Manager and/or the Associate Superintendent of Information Technology Services based upon need; (8) Assist in coordinating the distribution of software or apps to individual or groups of devices; (9) Initiate and answer correspondence dealing with the requests for computer department maintenance;
* Work with regional technicians or computer assistants when issues require advanced troubleshooting;
* Perform all duties in the safest possible manner
* Maintain and advance technical skill levels, stay current with new technology systems, maintenance of those systems and application being used in the district
* Assist with the setup and support of district-owned mobile devices as directed;
* Assist in the setup and maintenance of district directory services;
* Assist in the assignment and completion of Help Desk requests;
* Assist in the implementation and maintain logical district server system design;
* Assist in the configuration and maintenance of all server computers on district network;
* Assist in the implementation and maintain district data storage backup schema;
* Assist in the maintenance of all software licensing for district servers;
* Assist in the maintenance of all software server updates to current specifications;
* Serve as a backup to Systems/Service Manager and any other Technical Assistant Staff in the maintenance of server passwords and security in compliance with industry standards;
* Maintain work area in a clean and organized fashion;
* Assist in the management, preparation and distribution of new and used devices;
* Adhere to established divisional procedures;
* Perform any other job related tasks as directed by the Systems/Service Manager and/or the Associate Superintendent of Information Technology Services
* Assist in maintaining district print management servers;
* Assist with the monitoring of security for district systems in coordination with the Network Team and Manager of Systems and Service
* Assist with the maintenance of the district disaster recovery plan;
* Assist the Network Team to mitigate and develop plan-of-actions for cyber security.
* High school diploma;
* Apple and/or A+ Certified mandatory (must be able to provide Comptia A+ Certificate of completion);
* Prefer Windows and/or Apple OS X network experience or equivalent Net+ certification;
* Apple Certified System Administrator Certification preferred; (5) Comptia Security+ certification preferred.
Salary: Class CT/12 months
Application Deadline: Candidates must submit an online application by the closing date.
Only online applications will be considered.
Waukegan Community Unit School District 60 offers employment opportunities
without regard to age, gender, race, color, national origin, religion, marital or military/veteran status, sexual
orientation, pregnancy, parental status, genetics or disability.