CDW's vision is to be the best national provider of Advanced Technology Solutions. We'll achieve this reputation by continuing to delight our customers and being the employer of choice for Advanced Technology Solutions. Technical Architects at CDW are smart, hard-working Engineers who enjoy teaming with other best and brightest Engineers on highly visible, technically challenging projects and offerings. We're looking for high-caliber, well-rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technology, projects and consulting.
Technical Architects are technology thought leaders at CDW. Technical Architects apply the necessary technical breadth and depth to drive successful CDW offerings and raise the overall technical capabilities of Engineers.
* Planning: In the support of the shared services delivery model, set standards for and provide leadership and guidance around the creation of reference architectures and road maps which clearly tie back to business drivers, service delivery targets and business functional and technical requirements. This includes the development of projects and related budget line items.
* Design: Oversee the creation of documentation artifact standards for Reference Architecture, design, deployment planning, hardware and software standards and standard building blocks, which will serve as the guiding framework for technology investments by clearly defining business service objectives and mapping them to the architecture, technologies and processes needed to satisfy them.
Implementation: Execute plan including approvals to spend allocated budget. May require project management and/or sponsorship responsibilities along with collaborating with out CDW business units
* Operations: Design a comprehensive technology lifecycle management process, including the definition of required artifacts, approval processes, risk profiles and technology refresh cycles.
Customers: Solicit input/feedback from both internal and external customers to shape the service offering
* Vendors: Working with other CDW business areas (PPM, Strategic Solutions), develop and grow vendor relationships pertinent to Services success.
Key Areas of Responsibility
* RESPONSIBILITY FOR DELIGHTING CUSTOMERS - The CDW Engagement Methodology and the CDW Operations Framework define the standards to deliver projects and managed services that will delight our customers. Here are the roles that Technical Architects play in the Methodology and Framework:
* Product Definition - collaborate with Product/Service Development Managers and solution sales teams to identify and validate new Advanced Technology service solution opportunities, build standard operating procedures for solution implementation and support, help to validate economic viability of solutions and to help to build customer value propositions
* Sales - provide deep and broad technical support to Solutions Specialists, review system designs and participate in bid assurance, as required by customers
* Planning - participate in kickoff meetings, build solution implementation roadmaps, collaborate with Project Manager and Managing Consultant or Senior Engineer to ensure successful execution of project plans, as required by customers
* Design - create and / or evaluate technical designs for customer systems, develop test plans, build proof of concepts and participate in design reviews to ensure alignment with customer's business requirements
* Implementation - lead first-to-market advanced technology pilots and engagements to help establish CDW as the first choice provider of Advanced Technology solutions, conduct technology envisioning sessions, perform technology readiness assessments, health checks, and project milestone reviews and deliver technical training as required by customers. Technical Architects may also be called upon to resolve mission - critical customer issues
* Closure - participate in post-project debrief sessions, archive intellectual property and transfer knowledge to Engineers and Managed Services and Practice teams
* Operations -take practice business plans and create technical roadmaps and strategies for implementation and operations, drive updates to CDW's Operations Framework and establish cross-technology designs and plans. Creation of tools is also part of the role.
* RESPONSIBILITY FOR BUILDING EMPLOYER OF CHOICE REPUTATION - Technical Architects are charged with accelerating the technical development of Engineers. Here are the practices that Technical Architects apply to grow the best and brightest technical professionals
* Coaching and Development - collaborate with Product Managers, Professional Services Managers and Managing Consultants to build staff and training plans for new effective implementation of Advanced Technology Solutions, provide troubleshooting support for CDW Engineers and on-the-job mentoring for to - be Technical Architects, as required by Engineers
* Knowledge Sharing and Training - work with Product Managers, Professional Services Managers, Managing Consultants and Training Managers to develop training curriculum for new Advanced Technology solutions. Deliver or facilitate technical training to Engineers, contribute, lead or own internal online discussion groups and virtual team meetings.
* Technology Labs - lead the build-out of engineering labs. This includes driving procurement strategies, vendor early-field trials (EFT's), and lab documentation and administration.
* Intellectual Property Development - build standard operating procedures for solution implementation and support, author technical white papers, construct tools and processes to reduce the cost of delivering projects, create a standard Engineer toolkit, build virtual labs for internal, hands-on training, implement and deliver customer training and present at vendor partner conferences.
* ACCOUNTABILITY - Technical Architects are ultimately accountable for:
* Working with product management to manage profitable, lifecycle service offerings.
* Selling work on projects, individually and through other Engineers and Solutions Specialists
* Developing and implementing intellectual property, for the benefit of other Engineers
* Significant involvement in and leadership of managed/hosted/shared network designs and plans
* Product Management and Development Labs - Architecture, budgeting, procurement and implementation with the goal of maintaining product currency within the PM and Development labs.
* Bachelor degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent
* Seven to ten years of large - scale, enterprise - class planning, design, implementation and support experience
* At least five years of consulting experience
Other Required Qualifications
* In depth knowledge of Information Security Services and the CDW opportunity for growing our Solutions and Services in this domain.
* Experience developing service offerings in Security Services, including both managed and Professional.
* Experience in delivering Services and/or in training Professional Services Engineers.
* Advanced level technical certifications or equivalent in Security practices
* In-depth knowledge and understanding of Security Services and the competitive landscape for Professional Services providers.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Collaboration skills are particularly important for this TA role.
* Experience building service offerings and driving practice development
* Expert Level Certifications including but limited to: CCIE, CISSP,
* At least one other standard security certification (e.g., CISA, GCIH, CEH, OSCP) preferred
* Familiarity with multiple security frameworks including but not limited to NIST Cyber Security, and MITRE ATT&CK
* Knowledge of one or more of the following scripting/programming languages: Python, PowerShell, or Perl
* Experience with multiple operating systems including Windows, Linux and other UNIX style systems.
* Experience with Active Directory environments including Group Policy, ADFS, AD LDS, LDAP, DNS, and DHCP
* Experience with network generation firewalls including Cisco Firepower and Palo Alto Networks
* Experience with segmentation technologies such as Network Access Control, Cisco TrustSec, Cisco SD Access, and Cisco ACI
* Experience with advanced endpoint security solutions such as Carbon Black, Crowd Strike, Cisco AMP for EndPoints, and Palo Alto Networks Traps
* Experience with cloud-based hosting including Office 365, Google G Suite, MS Azure, and Amazon AWS
* Experience with Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Assessment
* Experience with assessment tools such as Nessus, Qualys, Metasploit, and Burp Suite
* Direct responsibility for one of the following; policy and process design or review, forensics and incident response, application security, or security administration
* Experience with micro-segmentation and containerization
* Experience leading the development of advisory, assessment, implementation, adoption, and managed service offerings
* Project oversight responsibilities, management and technical leadership and engineer mentoring experience
CDW is a company providing integrated information technology (IT) solutions to business, government, education, and healthcare customers.