Appirio, a Wipro Company, helps customers create next-generation Worker and Customer Experiences using the latest cloud technologies. Our free-thinking consultants deliver unmatched customer value by creating actionable strategies, delivering results quickly, and helping organizations adapt to a new experience-driven era. We do this by harnessing the power of one of the world's largest crowdsourcing communities and thousands of pre-built solution accelerators. Appirio is a trusted partner to some of the world's largest brands, including YP, Cardinal Health, Coca-Cola, eBay, Facebook, Home Depot, Sony PlayStation, Moen, and IBM.
The Google Technical Architect (TA) designs and helps deliver the key technical components of the solution. They also help direct Appirio technical resources in developing and delivering the project deliverables. The TA reduces the overall project technical risk by uncovering design issues early in the project life-cycle, shares implementation best practices, and recommends solution alternatives. Additionally, the TA often conducts design/code reviews during major project milestones.
● Designs and implements business technology solutions focused on cloud-based business applications, specifically, Google GCP and other custom solutions.
● Direct involvement and/or oversight of developing business requirements, specifications, process flows, application design, application configuration, testing and deployment.
● Confident and willing to challenge and guide the customer towards the appropriate solution for their needs and push back if a customer is asking for solutions that aren't in their best interest.
● Provides pre-sales support as requested.
● Understand platform limitations and design alternatives to work around limitations
● Identify when business requirements conflict with technical capabilities
● Provide constructive feedback to project teams
● Monitor technical deliverables for consistent quality as well as compliance with Appirio standards
● Partner with project managers to monitor project status and risk areas
● Perform the most advanced design and development tasks
● Deployment and management of GCP solutions within the Google Infrastructure.
Education and Experience:
● B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
● 3+ years leading software development teams
● Experience with G Suite configuration and custom development
● Experience developing Enterprise Applications with Google App Engine
● Strong background in Web technologies such as HTTP, HTML, XML and TCP/IP
● Comfortable presenting technical materials to a group.
● The Architect must have expertise in pre-sales situations, including the ability to explain technical topics to non technical audience
● Must have valid/current Google Certifications (or ability to obtain this within the probation period).
● Experience with scripting and command line interfaces
● Ability to translate customer requirements into implementation plans
● Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with an ability to build effective relationships with the internal Appirio team;
● Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments;
● Detail oriented with proven analytical skills
● Driven by customer success with a team player attitude
Travel requirement: Up to 30% per year
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the successful candidate will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of this role.