Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide deep technical expertise to support delivery and maintenance of IT solutions. Inform IT teams and business personnel with technology solutions by weighing advantages of technology standards, market availability of products, risks and benefits of technology to meet business/IT needs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
* Provide technical expertise and/or engineering support for maintaining performance and reliability of key IT solutions. Contribute to project technical architecture design and development. * Assist IT Architecture and Engineering community in planning the introduction of new technologies and/or identifying the most appropriate technology choices to accomplish goals by utilizing Exelons standard governance process as outlined in the Management Model. Ensure appropriate implementation of technology both within the production and the development environments take place. * Build and maintain knowledge of new technologies or technology opportunities and assists in development of analysis of their use for business and/or IT clients. * Identify and provide Business and IT data on IT trends and issues. Participate in IT architecture review and standards setting. Assist in the development of white papers, conducting presentations as needed to explain why a technology is being recommended by IT. * Maintain and enhance engagement with business and IT partners. * Maintain technical knowledge and business acumen within own discipline or function * Provide performance evaluations, career development feedback, and recognition as required.
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline and typically 5 to 8 years experience in (add area(s) of technical specialty) or equivalent combination of education and work experience. * Broad technical expertise with deep technical knowledge in at least one area (add specifics here). * Excellent communications skills- Able to effectively communicate highly technical information in non-technical terminology (written a verbal). * Understanding of change management principles associated with new technology implementations. * Demonstrated leadership ability * Understanding of project management principles
* Technical certification in Technical Area of Specialty
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline and typically 5 to 8 years' experience in application development, systems monitoring or IT automation or equivalent combination of education and work experience. * Broad technical expertise with deep technical knowledge in systems monitoring or IT automation * Excellent communications skills- Able to effectively communicate highly technical information in non-technical terminology (written and verbal). * Understanding of change management principles associated with new technology implementations. * Demonstrated leadership ability * Understanding of project management principles
* Technical certification in Agile, DevOps and/or ITIL * Maintains deep knowledge of technology and its application across Exelon * Promotes knowledge via seminars, presentations and publications within IT and Exelon * Participates in technological innovation to drive new business opportunities and solve complex business problems * Works under minimal supervision.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Exelon Corporation engages in energy generation and delivery businesses.