Digital technology has forever changed business. Now, it's transforming tax. Soon, tax enforcement will be part of every business process - and every transaction. As governments go digital, financial systems and traditional tax software can't keep up. And, businesses now face escalating risk and mounting compliance costs. Sovos was built for the digital future of tax. The Sovos Intelligent Compliance Cloud Is the first complete solution for modern tax, combining tax determination, e-Invoicing compliance and tax reporting on Sovos' reliable, scalable and secure S1 Platform.
We are building the future of Global Compliance Software. We want you to build your future with us.
The Work You'll Do
A Technical Analyst applies a systematic approach to the development, delivery, and maintenance of excel-based tax compliance software. They work with others across the business to understand customer needs and develop high value solutions. They are accountable for the development and testing of Tax Form changes that adhere to established processes and procedures. Throughout the life cycle, the Technical Analyst is a consultant to others in the area(s) of expertise and they continually develop skills relevant to their role.
More specifically, you will:
* Develop and test Tax Form changes that adhere to established processes and procedures
* Collaborate with Product Owners, Tax Research, Development Manager, and other staff to refine requirements
* Implement and test the monthly unit/integration software updates for changes in tax rates, rules, and tax forms that result in high quality release
* Responsible for deliverables that meet customer needs, and are maintainable, supportable, and compliant with standards
* Participate in initiatives to improve processes
What We Need From You
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or a related field
* Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel formulas and macros
* Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve with both internal and external users
* Interest in learning Microsoft SQL and developing/executing database queries
How You'll Grow
Sovos gives you the tools to grow your career both personally and professionally:
Did you know that almost 30% of our employees experienced a promotion or job change In FY2018? That can happen because growth Is serious business here at Sovos, and we have the programs In place to make sure of it, including:
* Mentoring Programs
* Management Bootcamps and Development Trainings
* Yearly performance reviews where compensation and performance are assessed and rewarded generously
* Clear paths for growth within our roles (but we know that career development can be like a spider web, not a ladder - we give you the tools to move outside of your career as well!)
The tools to enhance your life - because we want you to enjoy your life outside of work
* MyTime flexible time off (no worrying about accruing time or running out of sick days - If you need time off, take It!)
* Paid family leave
* Tuition reimbursement
* Generous 401k match
* Progressive Wellness Program
* Company seeded and matched Health Savings Account (HSA)
The challenge of working in an emerging market and solving complex problems for our clients is a large one. Businesses are struggling to keep up with the pace, volume, and complexity of regulatory requirements. In fact, 45% of CFOs say compliance is their "biggest growth challenge." That is why over half of the Fortune 500 counts on Sovos to solve their complex business-to-government compliance challenges. Our employees work on meaningful and engaging projects that make a tangible impact on our clients' success.
Does this sound like a fit? Apply now!
Sovos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
About Sovos Compliance
Sovos enables businesses to rapidly respond to increasingly complex tax and reporting requirements across the globe – eliminating their number one barrier to growth.